Visual quality compared in nine games

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
looks the same to me. except one game (crysis warhead) where i did notice the ground was a bit blurry on Nvidia and had a proper sharp texture on ATI. but this is such a miniscule difference that this argument is really nonexistant anymore.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
They confirmed what many users and review sites have noticed, superior AF with Nvidia parts. You can't see it in the stills but ATI AF results in texture shimmering or crawling because of inferior filtering.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Nice find and read! As for the shimmering, would be nice if a review did some short clips in 720p (a few seconds tops) to show how both cards fare there.

As for the stills, I was hard pushed to notice any difference... During gameplay those small nitpicks will most definately not be noticed.

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: nemesismk2
Maybe I am blind but I didn't notice any difference.:confused:

For the most part there really is not any difference.

Except for maybe AF but you would need video to view that and even then internet video will put in compression artifacts so that's not too reliable.

The most notable visual difference I have ever seen for visuals was the Mirrors Edge video. Of course that's not really fair but there was a clear difference there. :p

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Everything looked the same so far to me, except Crysis Warhead... in the detail picture you can see the ATI picture is much higher detail on the grass/ground.

*edit - Fall Out 3... in the detail picture the ATI folliage has higher detail up close, but it looks like there is more overall folliage with the Nvidia image. Odd. Also, if you look at the ground right before the street, when you switch over to the ATI image, again it looks like it is less blury then the Nvidia image. Not as noticable as Crysis Warhead, but if you look for it it's pretty easy to see. Not something you'd see in game I'd imagine, though.

*eidt2 - At Farcry 2 now. Is it just me, or in Farcry 2 is the ATI image (again looking at the 'detail' image) casting more shadows then the Nvidia image? Look at the train tracks, and then switch the images. It looks like the ATI image casts a shadow from the tracks, Nvidia doesn't. Again, not something I'd notice in game, but I see it in the stills.