Vista Enterprised to students --available online?

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
My school has Windows Vista Ultimate available to students for $12. The downside to this is that it's the 32 bit version. I was really hoping on getting Vista Ultimate 64. Does anyone know of any websites that offer discounts to students on Vista?

Gerbil333

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Microsoft will send you the 64 bit version for the cost of shipping. I did the same thing at my university (except for Vista Business): http://www.microsoft.com/windo...ta/editions/64bit.mspx

At the bottom of the page, it says Ultimate includes the 64-bit DVD. However, every Vista DVD I've used has *all* editions included and lets you choose during installation (or it chooses for you based on your key). So: Order a Vista Business 64-bit DVD and use it to install Ultimate 64-bit.

XBoxLPU

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
I know it isn't legal and I am not providing links for it but find a torrent file of x64 Vista. Your key you bought for $12 will work during the install.

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Originally posted by: XBoxLPU
I know it isn't legal and I am not providing links for it but find a torrent file of x64 Vista. Your key you bought for $12 will work during the install.

Called the university help desk and they will install ultimate x64 for free. I can't get a disk, but I can bring my rig in and they will install it. A pain in the ass, but if it saves me $300, I'll do it.