Virtual Boy incl. Mario Tennis $39!

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I still have my Virtual Boy. I bought it for about $50 like 6 or 7 years ago.

JACKHAMMER

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I always thought these were cool, anyone know whay they failed so horribly and can you get games relatively cheap?

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
I used to have one. I bought it with 8 games for about $75. I sold it 5 years later for $250 on Ebay.

It hurted my eyes to play longer than 30 minutes. It also gave me headaches.

Rkonster

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2000
Originally posted by: JACKHAMMER
I always thought these were cool, anyone know whay they failed so horribly and can you get games relatively cheap?

Cause they gave people headaches.

VTHodge

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
I have one with about 5 games. I have never gotten a headache from it Best game for it is Galactic Pinball.

Sachmho

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2001
yeah these did do a number on the eyes, but were way cool for their time... they should make a new version with new graphics, that'd be pretty cool

Silex

Golden Member
Nov 24, 2001
It's just a bunch of red lights! Tha'ts cool enough as it is! Put it into it's own realm. I remember StarFox on that thing! My god, it was sweet.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
This was the worsest system ever. Its the only Nintendo system I never bought(but my friend did).

S13SilviaK

Jan 23, 2002
Way to go with the worsest....big thumbs up on the grammer, while you make a poor attempt at insulting something you never owned.

It was incredible for it's time, but because of the high price, the headaches and of course (the killer of all game systems) no games.

palidor

Apr 3, 2001
this thing was sweet IMO
way ahead of its time... there still isnt anything quite like it
i never got headaches from it. mario tennis is a blast. i don't remember what my favorite game was though :)

007bond

May 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Silex
It's just a bunch of red lights! Tha'ts cool enough as it is! Put it into it's own realm. I remember StarFox on that thing! My god, it was sweet.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was NEVER a StarFox for Virtual Boy.

Shadow2

Mar 23, 2003
Starfox may have not been on it, but Red Alert was... basically starfox minus the characters.

I always loved my virtual boy, but I do wonder if that is what made my vision so bad. I wasn't the type to experiance headaches or any strain with it though.

CStrikeADDICT

Oct 10, 2001
Originally posted by: S13SilviaK
Way to go with the worsest....big thumbs up on the grammer, while you make a poor attempt at insulting something you never owned.

you a$$ clown.

it was pretty obvious he was kidding by the worsest. maybe before you try to bite someone's head off, you might try to work on your spelling. (grammer...?)

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: S13SilviaK

It was incredible for it's time, but because of the high price, the headaches and of course (the killer of all game systems) no games.

Next time you insult someones ability, might wanna check your own spelling.

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001
I dunno about the VB -- tempted to get it just as a collector's piece. It is a great deal at that price.

However, I couldn't resist the NeoGeo Pocket for $16.90. Add the $10.00 airmail shipping, and you have yourself a damn decent handheld for 27 bucks. Platinum wouldn't be my color of choice, but I'm not complaining at that price.

Thanks for the post, which indirectly led me to a deal I consider scorching !

-JB

MOONKEY

Nov 19, 2002
Originally posted by: jbtech
I dunno about the VB -- tempted to get it just as a collector's piece. It is a great deal at that price.

However, I couldn't resist the NeoGeo Pocket for $16.90. Add the $10.00 airmail shipping, and you have yourself a damn decent handheld for 27 bucks. Platinum wouldn't be my color of choice, but I'm not complaining at that price.

Thanks for the post, which indirectly led me to a deal I consider scorching !

-JB

You really should get "GP32 Game System", way cool, you can watch Divx on it. Not to metion downloading games, listening mp3. And "Multiplayer Wireless Game". that is cool.

KrayzyAzn

Apr 10, 2002
fun little system. I bought this after they got discountinued (6, 7 yrs ago?) for $25 at kaybee, so this isn't really a hot deal.. unless there's some kind of collector's value.. heh

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ive got a mint condition Coleco Vision.... :D
I never tried the Virtual Boy though, didn't care too but I would like to try it out now. Its fairly cheap. Anyone have a list of games made for it?
Also I would like to see a new one come out considering how much cheaper technology is now and how they could possibly make the system a bit lighter and with color now.