[Videocards][Rumor] New king coming soon - GTX 780 TI 3DMark score revealed

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Leadbox

Oct 25, 2010
Possible Nvidia strategy:

GTX 780: Price goes from $649 >>> $500
GTX Titan: EOL thanks to GTX 780 TI
GTX 780 TI: overclocked 2688 cores for $649
GTX Titan >>>> Replaced by GTX Titan Ultra/GTX Atlas, full GK110 aka 2880 cores for $999, same as GTX Titan cost before.

Price on the OEM versions of GTX 780 will go down too. Including those who are overclocked. Which roughly match the R9 290X in performance. Selling for $50 less than 290X.

GTX 780 TI cost $100 more than R9 290X, but beat it by 10% (?), include a much better cooling system and other goodies like G-sync, shadowplay, Gameworks and of course game bundles etc. It will make the $100 justified and it will sell pretty well. Now people who didn`t have $1k to dish out earlier, can finally play with a Titan.

GTX Titan Ultra/GTX Atlas. It will replace Titan in the best of the best, meaning people will have to bleed to buy it. But they get a full GK110, aka 2880 cores, 192 cores more than Titan.

Nvidia basically have AMD check mate with this strategy.
You completely ignored the r9 290 at $450 maybe even $399, how does it fit in to little assessment?

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
You completely ignored the r9 290 at $450 maybe even $399, how does it fit in to little assessment?

Unless R9 290 price is set to cannibalize the 290X, which I doubt, it will work in Nvidia`s favour.

Take OC OEM GTX 780 for example. Matching a R9 290X in performance. Lets say Nvidia really price them at $499.

R9 290: 2560 cores @ 947MHz
R9 290X: 2816 cores @ 1000MHz

There is roughly 15% difference between those two. Say GTX 780 sell for $50-100 more than R9 290, it will be exactly like the jump from R9 290X > GTX 780 TI, both in price and perhaps in performance.

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Unless R9 290 price is set to cannibalize the 290X, which I doubt, it will work in Nvidia`s favour.

The 7950 was 100$ less than the 7970. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the 290 will be 450$, maybe less because there's a huge price chasm there between the 280X and 290X (300$ - 550$). Lower price cards always sell a ton more than the higher price ones, lower price cards always cannibalize higher price ones. The extent varies. The GTX 770 sold way more than the 780, 760 wold more than the 770, so on and so forth - as the price gets lower, the market grows exponentially.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Alrighty, so let me get this straight. This 780ti is faster than Titan, has the same amount of VRAM - 6GB of GDDR5, and costs 650$. This sounds legit?

I don't know. LOL. We'll see.

I can see this because honestly Nvidia released Titan as a unique offering. Somewhat similar to the dual GPU halo cards that cost similar money. The bonus was it was great for CUDA work on the side. They also had the benefit of no competition in that particular performance category. Now with competition, Titan is irrelevant and they already made their money on it. You remember I am sure all the people on these forums running them in SLI and I believe even Tri SLI.

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-780-TI-3Dmark11.png

http://videocardz.com/47287/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-3dmark-score-exposed

uh, yeah, 5 pages of useless ravings set off by a "leak" which prolly isnt even legit. :whiste:

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
Shouldn't the score be on 3dmark.com? All I could find with this CPU and score was 3xgtx480 or Titan

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
You're not even making sense right now. The 7950 was 100$ less than the 7970. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the 290 will be 450$, maybe less because there's a huge price chasm there between the 280X and 290X (300$ - 550$). Lower price cards always sell a ton more than the higher price ones, you'd think this would be obvious but lower price cards always cannibalize higher price ones. The extent varies. The GTX 770 sold way more than the 780, 760 wold more than the 770, so on and so forth - as the price gets lower, the market grows exponentially.

Well if it cost $450 it will only be $50 more for GTX 780 versions.

$50 more for lets say +$15%. How does that not benefit Nvidia?

Shouldn't the score be on 3dmark.com? All I could find with this CPU and score was 3xgtx480 or Titan
If he is not connected to internet, the score won`t be uploaded.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
As far as undisputed, anyone who claims that for any of the high-end cards (current, as well as once the 780Ti is released) is dreaming. There is no undisputed winner. They all have their pros and cons, people here just sensationalize things.

Yeah it really does depend on settings, what game your looking at etc. One card can win at one game at one resolution and then lose the next test at a different resolution. Then the same cards can reverse the results on the next game tested. Pretty much back and forth at this point. Over time drivers can change things in the long run. Performance always goes up slightly in newer titles with later releases.

It would be great to see the vanilla 780 go down to ~$450, so you could get 2x for under a grand. Seeing the regular 290 performance will be interesting too. 290x vs 780Ti and 290 vs 780. Glad to see we have some good choices at the top end.

Yes this will definitely be interesting to see in the coming couple of months. How will the market react and what moves will actually occur.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
Well if it cost $450 it will only be $50 more for GTX 780 versions.

$50 more for lets say +$15%. How does that not benefit Nvidia?

If he is not connected to internet, the score won`t be uploaded.
You mean connected to the netz for leaking this info & yet offline when it comes to uploading the actual score for validation, yup sounds legit :p

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
You mean connected to the netz for leaking this info & yet offline when it comes to uploading the actual score for validation, yup sounds legit :p

Many ways. :)

Remove LAN cable/disconnect WiFi
Run 3DMark program.
Take screenshot.
Store on HDD
Remove program
Reconnect.
Upload picture

Profit??

Today 03:45 PM
hope you get your stomach disemboweled.
Thanks for stopping by my profile :)

Last edited:

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
Many ways. :)

Remove LAN cable/disconnect WiFi
Run 3DMark program.
Take screenshot.
Store on HDD
Remove program
Reconnect.
Upload picture

Profit??
But without validation I'd take that score with more than a grain of salt, not that it can't be legitimate but there are too many variables here viz temps, GPU/VRAM clocks et al. Also there is nothing to suggest what this piece of hardware actually is, like an overclocked & super cooled titan or something closer to a 780. However the amount of info accompanying these leaks is kinda scarce atm hence the obvious skepticism.

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Not sure why the offline results are suspect, most these benchers don't even have networking function with barely functioning OSes to start with.

Not saying it's real, just saying offline screen shots are not uncommon for released products, let alone IP trackable leaks.

rainy

Jul 17, 2013
Cloudfire777, could you behave like a normal Nvidia fan (not annoying fanboy) or it's simply mission impossible for you?

Btw, is there special reason for your overactivity on GPU forum lately?

Infraction issued for callout.
-- stahlhart

Last edited by a moderator:

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
It's fake just like most of the claims OP spreads on this forum

His post history makes it look like yet another claim of his.
Not more than 3 days ago he posted:
780 Ti has little bit higher then Titan performance, less memory, price will be higher then GTX 780 (little bit). In detail, 780 Ti IS TITAN with 3GB and higher clocks, BUT this puupy will be...
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...e-GTX-780-Ti&p=5212538&viewfull=1#post5212538
I would put much into it... maybe a shover or two of salt.

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
But without validation I'd take that score with more than a grain of salt, not that it can't be legitimate but there are too many variables here viz temps, GPU/VRAM clocks et al. Also there is nothing to suggest what this piece of hardware actually is, like an overclocked & super cooled titan or something closer to a 780. However the amount of info accompanying these leaks is kinda scarce atm hence the obvious skepticism.

Well release date is mid November.
The leaker said reviews are coming really soon.

Would it be far fetched to think that someone, somewhere, that doesn`t work for Nvidia, got their hands on it?

I mean, stores have supplies they need to fill, reviewers probably have recieved their samples already, someone got their hands on engineering samples or even qualification samples.

Not sure why the offline results are suspect, most these benchers don't even have networking function with barely functioning OSes to start with.

Not saying it's real, just saying offline screen shots are not uncommon for released products, let alone IP trackable leaks.

Good point.
Ton of previous examples that couldnt be found on 3dmark.com

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
Well release date is mid November.
The leaker said reviews are coming really soon.

Would it be far fetched to think that someone, somewhere, that doesn`t work for Nvidia, got their hands on it?

I mean, stores have supplies they need to fill, reviewers probably have recieved their samples already, someone got their hands on engineering samples or even qualification samples.

Good point.
Ton of previous examples that couldnt be found on 3dmark.com
In which case you'd have to ask why a mere 5% increase in scores when you have a ~15% boost in memory & GPU clocks for what is basically the same card i.e. the GTX titan, albeit with better thermals I guess.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Oh boy, 4k with lower IQ settings, where can I sign up for a $550 gpu and $3,600 screen to enjoy such luxury?

I feel the same way. I don't feel like I should be spending thousands of dollars on PC hardware to play at medium. Especially when at 30-40fps may not be the best gameplay experience in some titles.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
There isn't a card out there ready for 4k. We don't have many screens available and none of the current ones are economic (not the 60 hz ones anyway). I think 4k results are by and large useless. In 5 years time console ports I am sure will run lovely on a 4k screen but today I don't care. They are a reasonable proxy for eyefinity/surround resolutions I guess but the way the image is formed is quite different and I would want a review showing the parallels before I accepted 4k represented surround/eyefinity. But based on how a diminishing set of games seem to support triple screens even the fans of the technology like myself seem to also be leaving it, it never got universal enough or well enough supported in drivers. So 4k results today are about future monitors, and predicting that future and the games we'll be running is well kind of impossible. So 1080p and 1440p and 1600p results are what matters today for the grand majority of us.

I don't understand thr fascination with these new cards. The price/performance trade off doesn't add up. A 290X, 780 or a 780 ti are all ludicrously expensive for refreshes. Its not a lot of extra performance (average 25%) over and above the previous high end cards of the 7970GE and 680. They have lots of VRAM (cost) that no games use and they seem to under perform for their size, power usage, stream processor count and most importantly there cost. That 25% average performance benefit (780 v 680) costs double. These ultra high end solutions are mighty expensive for what you get and compare very poorly in value and performance to SLI/xfire. Admittedly they have somewhat better stutter characteristics and that does matter but you can get nearly twice the performance from 2x 680's compared to a 780 and that is basically the same price. Its ridiculous.

Do we even need a new king when the kind charges so much for admission?!