videocard dilemma! help!

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
hey all,

I have a brand new asus 7900gtx, and i want to get rid of it before prices drop to much on it, so that i can have some money for an 8800gtx when the price drops. my questions about this are-

1. should i just keep this for my upcoming build and not try to sell it? (planning on building around christmas)
2. how successful are selling on fourms such as anandtech? i have it listed on ebay, no luck so far...

contact me if your interested...

thx

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Post it on For Sale/Trade, lots of people are looking to pick up videocards and not everyone wants a top of the line card like the 8800 series. You'll have to enable your profile, list a price, and list any references (i.e. Ebay rating, heatware, etc.). Good luck!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The first thing you'll need to do if you want to sell it is adjust your expectations & realize that what you paid for the card has little or no bearing on what you'll be able to sell it for now ... the only thing that matters is its current new market value with wear & tear plus lack of warranty subtracted.

Many people in FS/FT seem to forget these simple facts & thus they have a hard time moving their stuff... E-Bay on the other hand is well known for getting people to pay more then they should & the key is setting a lowball starting price for the auction with a reserve price at the lowest number you'll accept.