video trouble/tv tuner cable tv connection

warrenlew

Jan 31, 2010
I have a WinTV HVR-1250 tuner card recently installed on my system. When I connect the cable TV source to the card, the monitor immediately shows a translucent bar that rolls vertically. Tried changing cable, adjusting resolution, refresh rate, still not able to correct problem. Problem occurs regardless of what software is or isn't running. Win TV shipped a replacement card, but problem remains. I'd appreciate any thoughts. System details below:

Motherboard:Asus p5b
Video card: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS
Monitor Acer x193w

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
Did you run the QAM setup to find the channels? What cable company are you using?

Aug 11, 2008
Do you get no signal from the cable, or do you mean that you can tune in the cable but that you have the bar interfering with the picture?

Sorry that I dont have an answer to your problem, but I have a Yuan cable TV capture card and have to say I am very disappointed in the picture quality. It is very snowy and pixilated, even on a 19 inch monitor. Try moving the cable line in to a different path, maybe it is getting interference from something. (Lame suggestion I know, but worth a try. Sometimes my cable signal goes out and I can get it back just by moving the cable slightly)