Video shows Louisiana police stunning, punching, dragging Black man during fatal arrest

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What could be more unAmerican than muzzling Americans who criticize her? Isn't it a violation of the First Amendment, you know, the one that preceded the Second Amendment? :rolleyes:
I bet it gets pretty lonely in "the lone star state" sometimes. You know, Janis Joplin did a show in Texas after she'd become a big star (she was from Texas but had moved to San Francisco) and she shouted at the big crowd, "where were you when I needed you???"

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
And people wonder why we need serious police reform. They think of themselves as above the law. It's disgusting.
2000.jpg

Honestly, that photo by itself makes me think I want to stay out of LA. I got to NOLA one day after Mardi Gras a few years ago. Stayed ~4 days. But what I've seen and heard recently makes me leery (pandemic situations there, hurricanes, some other police type stuff). But that photo, worse.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
And people wonder why we need serious police reform. They think of themselves as above the law. It's disgusting.
They think they are judge, jury and executioner. I hope garland railroads these guys and makes an example of them. But he probably wont.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Loozeeyana has ALWAYS been corrupt. BOTH sides ..doesn't matter which.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
2000.jpg

Honestly, that photo by itself makes me think I want to stay out of LA. I got to NOLA one day after Mardi Gras a few years ago. Stayed ~4 days. But what I've seen and heard recently makes me leery (pandemic situations there, hurricanes, some other police type stuff). But that photo, worse.
Haven't heard the term LA since tech school. One of my classmates was from Georgiana. Went home with him one weekend. Town was a couple of rows of buildings on each side of the railroad tracks.
Oh, LA=Lower Alabama.

Reactions: Muse

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
This is the way they treated peasants before the Russian Revolution.

Oh.

This is the way they treated peasant safter the Russian Revolution.

Peasants= Despicables

Nov 17, 2019
More charges, boss held in contempt.

Louisiana state troopers charged in beating of Black man

apnews.com.ico
Associated Press|2 hours ago
State prosecutors have charged three Louisiana State Police troopers accused of beating a Black motorist, hoisting him to his feet by his hair braids and bragging in text messages that the "whoopin'" would give him "nightmares for a long time.

Former La. police boss faces contempt in Ronald Greene probe

www.wsbtv.com.ico
WSB-TV|23 hours ago
Lawmakers investigating the deadly arrest of Black motorist Ronald Greene have voted to hold the former head of the Louisiana State Police in contempt for defying a subpoena and refusing to turn over

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
I will just note that three years after brutally beating a man to death, the Louisiana state troopers have had zero charges filed against them for the cold blooded torture and murder captured on camera. While the systemic cover-up of the assault did force one higher level resignation. And in the second similar case where the victim wasn't quite killed, the cops are finally being charged with... a misdemeanor. At least they were finally fired/resigned.

Bottom line from the justice department, torture and murder is perfectly legal if you're a cop and the victim is a poor minority, even when the incident is caught on video. If you do so repeatedly on camera, and brag about it afterwords, at worst you might (eventually, after a decade) lose your job. These thugs got away with it repeatedly, for at least a decade, with support and coverup from their bosses.

In the Greene case, the only people directly losing jobs for the actual murder were "former Louisiana State Police Trooper Carl Cavalier, who was fired after speaking out about Greene’s death, and Albert Paxton, the now-retired detective who has said supervisors pressured him not to bring state charges in the case."