Video Problem Appearing

MRGOOCH

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2004
I have just started to see a problem when watching a video. I am getting some very large artifacts like pixelation. I have also noted when moving the curser over a photo it sometimes happens. The problem seems to be just beginning on and off. These are personal files saved on my hard drive.
Any help here?

Last edited:

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
MSI 9800GT 1gb
Time to bake it! :)

(that or look at how much overclocked it is vs how much volt its getting, it might just be something like degredation kicking in after years of use, and it requireing abit more volt's to stay at same overclock)

if its not the card... then it could be:

a codex issue? (if its something that shows in movies, try removeing and reinstalling a codex pack)
or driver/software issue? (try differnt viewers?)
a file going corrupt on the harddrive? (is it permnant for said file to have that pixelation same spot?)

But yeah... most likely its the GPU.

MRGOOCH

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2004
It's never been overclocked. Installed new drivers,It didn't help. Opened up the case vacuumed all the fans, the intake was dirty.Pulled the card,the fan on the card was actually clean. Put it all back together and now no sign of the problem. Go figure!

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Not sure what else to say except, if its artifacting, RMA it if you can. If not, honestly, thats a pretty old video card and I had many 8800GT's, 9800GT's fail on me so...,not really surprising. Any newer video card would consume less power and produce less heat so...

MRGOOCH

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2004
Thanks for the heads up. The next episode I start shopping. Whats a good used card to look for?