Video of trump supporter and CNN interview

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I see two people talking past each other...one being an old woman...and the other a CNN reporter hellbent on rubbing an old womas's nose in her ignorance that Russians sponsored the rally she attended. If you like this kind of "news"...welcome to 1984.

“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”
I only see one person denying facts.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I see two people talking past each other...one being an old woman...and the other a CNN reporter hellbent on rubbing an old womas's nose in her ignorance that Russians sponsored the rally she attended. If you like this kind of "news"...welcome to 1984.

“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”
I thought Trump supporters hated snowflakes?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Reporter says the Russians "were involved with her". She denies it because it's true....she had no involvement with the Russians....in her mind, she just attended a rally. But he keeps pressing his narrative to ridicule and vilify an old woman. This is not news...this is horseshit opposition party propaganda.

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/22/unwitting-russia-victim-badgered-by-cnn-to-what-end/
That stupid old woman and the intransigent and dug-in nature of her brainwashed opinions, is a national security threat to this nation. No so called American should ever be allowed to become so brain dead that something like that could happen to them. A cure needs to be found and the first tool of a society steeped in brainwashed belief systems is going to be the humiliation option. Cheer up. She was treated with derisive pity rather than something perhaps more appropriate, treatment in a mental facility, no? It was her very kind of emotionally needy, hate filled robotic zombie grasping mental state that elected the greatest disaster we have ever had as our President. You don't want to have such empathy and passivity in the face of symptom of rot in the country that it is allowed to fester and kill the patient. Only people who retain some form of sanity can act to disarm insane people who are eating their own shit and calling it gourmet pudding.

Could we hear less about how badly she was treated and more about how she should be cured and the country saved from the raving brain dead insane?

Nov 30, 2006
That stupid old woman and the intransigent and dug-in nature of her brainwashed opinions, is a national security threat to this nation. No so called American should ever be allowed to become so brain dead that something like that could happen to them. A cure needs to be found and the first tool of a society steeped in brainwashed belief systems is going to be the humiliation option. Cheer up. She was treated with derisive pity rather than something perhaps more appropriate, treatment in a mental facility, no? It was her very kind of emotionally needy, hate filled robotic zombie grasping mental state that elected the greatest disaster we have ever had as our President. You don't want to have such empathy and passivity in the face of symptom of rot in the country that it is allowed to fester and kill the patient. Only people who retain some form of sanity can act to disarm insane people who are eating their own shit and calling it gourmet pudding.

Could we hear less about how badly she was treated and more about how she should be cured and the country saved from the raving brain dead insane?
She's so old and brain dead that there's no longer any cure available for her other than the gas chamber. But the grave will see her soon enough...good riddance. Pass the Chardonnay please.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
She's so old and brain dead that there's no longer any cure available to her other than the gas chamber. But the grave will see her soon enough...good riddance. Pass the Chardonnay please.
Excellent points if a bit on the utilitarian side of things, but my problem with it is this:

You don't create a brain dead neurotically paranoid and gullible person like that out of thin air. She was born a beautiful baby capable of infinite joy. It takes years of humiliation and torture and emotional suffering to create the monster she became. You are proposing we forget about that and throw it out with the dirty bath water. Since we are talking, then, about a divine being, one created in God's image, some sort of sympathy and compassion for what she could have been should remain. When she comes at you with a knife you have to stop her right up to using lethal force if required, but unless she acts our in that way, we have to remain open to the possibility she can be cured and get back on the road that leads to heaven within. There but for the grace of God and all of that, and being ones brother's keeper. And we need to learn what we can of her disease in the hope we can save others. She is not the problem. The problem is that America has millions of people who suffer emotional disease that can be exploited by a clever psyops enemy. We need to find a way to create a culture less full of pliant mentally ill fools.

Reactions: Thebobo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Putin's boys just want what's best for America. Everybody knows this.

Nov 30, 2006
Excellent points if a bit on the utilitarian side of things, but my problem with it is this:

You don't create a brain dead neurotically paranoid and gullible person like that out of thin air. She was born a beautiful baby capable of infinite joy. It takes years of humiliation and torture and emotional suffering to create the monster she became. You are proposing we forget about that and throw it out with the dirty bath water. Since we are talking, then, about a divine being, one created in God's image, some sort of sympathy and compassion for what she could have been should remain. When she comes at you with a knife you have to stop her right up to using lethal force if required, but unless she acts our in that way, we have to remain open to the possibility she can be cured and get back on the road that leads to heaven within. There but for the grace of God and all of that, and being ones brother's keeper. And we need to learn what we can of her disease in the hope we can save others. She is not the problem. The problem is that America has millions of people who suffer emotional disease that can be exploited by a clever psyops enemy. We need to find a way to create a culture less full of pliant mentally ill fools.
All I know is that it's taken me 62 years of humiliation, torture and emotional suffering to create the monster I've become. My time here is short and I'm self-objective enough to know that there's no hope of me being cured of my disease or of becoming something beyond what I actually am....a pliant mentally ill fool who seeks to tempt the world and good folks like you into their ruination. As I walk towards you with knife in hand...will you kill me before I drop it and offer my embrace?

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
LOL PWNED.

Soon to be incarcerated for treason hopefully.

C'mon now. She's a low-information nobody afflicted with Faux Syndrome and got used. Being gullible and full of irrational hate isn't against the law. We have bigger fish to fry. A big orange one.

Having said that, she is indicative of roughly half the Dump supporters I know who still admit to supporting the guy. The other half are sporting a mix of despondency and denial, probably because they get that Russia warping our elections and Dump's inexcusable defense of all things Putin is a real problem. The maturity and intellect of a petulant 6 year old doesn't help.

Dump voters: as good at being Americans as they are being christian.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
All I know is that it's taken me 62 years of humiliation, torture and emotional suffering to create the monster I've become. My time here is short and I'm self-objective enough to know that there's no hope of me being cured of my disease or of becoming something beyond what I actually am....a pliant mentally ill fool who seeks to tempt the world and good folks like you into their ruination. As I walk towards you with knife in hand...will you kill me before I drop it and offer my embrace?

:wineglass: eloquent.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If one person is asking questions about factual events and the other is in denial how are both talking past each other.

If you and I are looking up at the night sky and I say "the moon is bright tonight" and you respond "both moons are bright", you don't get credit.

Stop putting the reporter and that woman on equal footing.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BTW - Stop referring her as an old woman as if her age is responsible for her ignorance and stubbornness. If a reporter asked the women below the same question the answers would not change. There is a large percentage of Republicans who will believe any amount of Trump bullshit
Trump-2016-Fuck-your-feelings.jpg

Reactions: Younigue

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
And CNN gave similarly aggressive and adversarial "news" interviews to those who attended anti-Trump rallies sponsored by the Russians? I think not.

You call that tough, meanwhile you call the left snowflakes?

There are harder hitting local reporters going after deadbeat contractors, let alone some woman who may have knowingly committed sedition and possibly treason.

Imo, this illuminates why this story is so hard to penetrate the Trump supporters.

By acknowledging it, they have to admit:

-They were fooled
- Served as agents for the Soviets
- The may have actually lost the election without it
- Trump and Co continue to lie to them
- The hated MSM may actually be telling them the truth

People have strong defenses to keep up their construct of the world, and self-delusion is no hard task

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You call that tough, meanwhile you call the left snowflakes?

There are harder hitting local reporters going after deadbeat contractors.

Imo, this illuminates why this story is so hard to penetrate the Trump supporters.

By acknowledging it, they have to admit:

-They were fooled
- Served as agents for the Soviets
- The may have actually lost the election without it
- Trump and Co continue to lie to them
- The hated MSM may actually be telling them the truth

People have strong defenses to keep up their construct of the world, and self-delusion is no hard task
I’ll bet inside the house, her tv was tuned to Fox News.

Reactions: Puffnstuff

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If one person is asking questions about factual events and the other is in denial how are both talking past each other.

If you and I are looking up at the night sky and I say "the moon is bright tonight" and you respond "both moons are bright", you don't get credit.

Stop putting the reporter and that woman on equal footing.

Harsh but true, unfortunately. I feel badly for that woman & anybody else who were chumps for Trump & his Russian enablers. They wouldn't have been put in that position if they hadn't absorbed way too much right wing propaganda. Way too much.

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
Whilst I don't usually enjoy jumping on the bandwagon I thought I'd chime in as a non-American...

And this is exactly what we think of as Trump supporters:
...something something 'merica. Something crooked Hillary. Something something FAKE NEWS. *proceeds to stick head into sand muttering previous mantras*

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are one of the most transparent Trump dick suckers here, it's plainly obvious in every thread you post in lol.
Well it could be that few of us appreciate a good warning on the dangers of mindless judgmentalism.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I’ll accept one may say he was tough on her but I’ll also say she didn’t have to deniy everything too.

WTF makes you think she's capable of understanding the situation?
She DGAF about Russians, in her mind she rallied with Americans. And that's what she did. The entity that arranged it is another matter.
If one wants to present her with the idea, it needs to be done a LOT differently.

And another thing, she may not ever understand why anyone cares who made a post online.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I do feel bad for the woman but only because of her own ignorance. She has no one to blame for that then herself. But America needs to wake up about this shit. On both sides, Heck I might have posted a trump meme off a russian FB page here but I left a lot of them because it was to much bull shit fake news.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
She epitomizes the typical Trump voter and that is the most frightening aspect of all. My parents worship Donald J Trump and no matter how bad the news gets they stand behind their orange man. No amount of truth is accepted by them because they refuse to accept anything that doesn't coincide with what they want to believe. They are the adult equivalent of little children watching my little pony.

I had a conversation with them about how it was a bad idea to arm the teachers after the latest school shooting and it was like lighting a powder keg. Republicans with guns are one of the most scary things you will ever witness. Conservative values for the fail.