Video of how awesome animals are

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
these dudes are retarded, that's a WILD ANIMAL! It's funny how this video gets so many "wow amazing!" comments every time it's posted on here, when they're both 1 second away from being Darwin candidates. I think people who do dumb shit, even if nothing bad happens are still candidates. Yeah it's amazing, but it's also incredibly stupid. Look at Roy from Vegas he got mauled by one of his pet tigers during a show.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Sure, its a repost, but it a great video and every time I see the link, I always watch the whole thing through.

Anyone have a link to more of the story?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
What I don't get is how they bought a lion at Harrod's. Isn't like like a British Macy's?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wow, this was posted like 8 times last week...by the same member. (not the OP of this thread, though)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
quote from one of the 2 dudes

"Everyone was crying. We were crying, George was crying, even the lion was nearly crying."

the lion was almost crying? really? LOL they are gooooone,

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: QueBert
these dudes are retarded, that's a WILD ANIMAL! It's funny how this video gets so many "wow amazing!" comments every time it's posted on here, when they're both 1 second away from being Darwin candidates. I think people who do dumb shit, even if nothing bad happens are still candidates. Yeah it's amazing, but it's also incredibly stupid. Look at Roy from Vegas he got mauled by one of his pet tigers during a show.

Sometimes things are worth taking a risk. They are only stupid if you don't understand why they did it. No one could be harmed but themselves, I'm sure that was one of the most amazing moments of their lives.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Insomniator
Originally posted by: QueBert

Sometimes things are worth taking a risk. They are only stupid if you don't understand why they did it. No one could be harmed but themselves, I'm sure that was one of the most amazing moments of their lives.

AND, nobody even knows if Roy's case was a mauling, or if his pet was trying to save him instinctively. Lions and tigers care for each other in times of danger using the mouth around the neck, it just happens to be the case that human skin is a little less tough and more susceptible to puncture than said lion and tiger skin on the neck.
Many have argued that is exactly what happened, that the animal could notice that Roy was beginning to have trouble and went to save him. If it was an attack it would have been the most unprovoked attack ever, because most times when trained animals attack, a very minor thing provokes them, but Roy was basically just standing there with an animal that they personally bonded with since a young age. Animals are stupid and always remember those that raise them.
It could have been an attack though, and I have no idea whether it was or not. Have to get into the animals head to know for sure.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Seen this before, it's awesome.

Animals DO remember you. Heck, when I used to camp every year, even the chipmunks and squirrels would remember me. There was this one squirrel in the camp ground that would not go near anyone but me, I get there a year later the next summer, only to find that same squirrel coming to see me all the time. Miss camping. Now I work.