Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Would nail that thieving chick!

EDIT: Video rocks! fuck that thief

Last edited:

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Glad it worked out without anyone getting stabbed or shot. Could have been pretty different.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
great! glad he got the bike back. hope the fucker gets nailed for buying stolen property.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Cool story. Glad to know it worked out.

The guy incriminated himself on the cell phone recording as well. Let this be a lesson to thieves. There are video cameras everywhere now. Even when you can't see the camera, assume you're being recorded.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
It's a good thing the police weren't involved, right Sand Eagle? Who knows how many people would have died if they were.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
I better check the bike I bought off Craigslist.......................

If you already paid for it, ignorance is bliss... if you find out it's stolen, you then have the obligation to call the police and return it to the owner and likely lose the money you spent on it ;)

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Yep. He plugs a phone app that spoofs text messages saying he couldnt have pulled it off without that app. I read that comment before the supposed confrontation, and stopped watching.

skyrunner

Oct 5, 2007
bioneos.com
If it's staged, are the police in on it? If it is staged, I'd be pissed at how much of their time was wasted. It does seem a bit fishy, for example the way he describes how he knows it is his bike (all of those items he listed are very common and anyone could have purchased and installed -- I know several people with that exact same wheel / tire combo for example). I can't find an article on huffington post about it though, did anyone else?

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Holy cow, I thought it was an old wives tale or a joke about everyone in that area drinking Starbucks all the time!
Good for him though, I probably would've tried to grind insurance for my money and start over.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
If it's staged, are the police in on it? If it is staged, I'd be pissed at how much of their time was wasted. It does seem a bit fishy, for example the way he describes how he knows it is his bike (all of those items he listed are very common and anyone could have purchased and installed -- I know several people with that exact same wheel / tire combo for example). I can't find an article on huffington post about it though, did anyone else?

that (and the app comment) bothered me. those seemed common. wouldn't he have just looked at the serial number?

also why would someone buy/steal a bike and then go 140 miles?

it did seem kinda fishy

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Top comments say it's a viral video for a cellular phone application according to Huffington Post.

I saw that too, but I couldn't find the Huff Po story about it. I also find it hard to believe that the po po were in on this as well....

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
that (and the app comment) bothered me. those seemed common. wouldn't he have just looked at the serial number?

also why would someone buy/steal a bike and then go 140 miles?

it did seem kinda fishy

If it's only 140 miles to recover a $2,500 bike? I'd do it. Portland to Seattle isn't that far, especially the U-District where he confronted the guy.

That said, the bike parts may be common, but he can easily verify the serial number with the Performance Bike shop in the U-District, which I assume he may have passed on the way to U-Village. Considering he paid $2,500 for a Fuji bike, he probably got it from the Performance Bike shop in Portland. I'm actually surprised SPD responded rather than UWPD...

Last edited:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
He was a dumb thief. All he had to say was I bought the bike off a guy in the parking lot of a store a few days ago. I knew it was an expensive bike so I gave him ex amount of dollars.