Video card freeze in the middle of the games

Kintoke

Jul 18, 2000
Well, I have an strange problem using the Viper V770 ultra 8tnt2 ultra) card:
When I am running a game (d3d or opengl), after a couple of minute, or sometimes an hour, the computer freeze, it just crash. I try to switch from drivers to drivers (5.13 to 6.18) without luck, and the fan that comes with the video card work fine, so I don`t know.. maybe is still overheating??, I really don`t know.
Please, if someone know something about this, reply to me. Thanks

My spec are:
p3-500
128ram
sy - 6vba 133 (motherboard)
SB live! (lifeware 3.0)

thanks

Phalkon

Banned
Aug 20, 2000
If you're not OC'ing your card and your fan is going fine, its not overheating.

It doesn't sound like a driver issue to me, it sounds more like a conflict problem. What apps do you have open while you're playing these games?

Remove all tasks except barebones tasks (Explorer, Systray) then run the game. See if it crashes. If it does, then I'd say its either hardware, your windows installation, or perhaps DirectX.

Kintoke

Jul 18, 2000
I am not o/c, and I did all what you said, but I still have tihs f****** problem!!!

please, somebody help me

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I have that problem too.

But it only happens when I play games online.

My PC locks up and my modem activity light goes nuts.

slacker2

May 8, 2000
Most likely some kind of hardware problem. If it is something like insufficient AGP voltage, there isn't much you can do except changing your motherboard.

Kintoke

Jul 18, 2000
How can I know that is the voltage for the agp???, I don`t know, but if is a voltage problem, how sometimes I can play for an hour, and another time play just 4 minute and then the computer freeze??