VGLeaks: Xbox 720 specs rumor

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
It sounds to me like the "always on" feature is mostly about allowing the system to do automatic updates without bothering you with them when you are trying to play a game, not a requirement for using the system. But we will have to wait for real details.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
always on does not bother me one bit as far as the console being "always on" IF AND ONLY IF it is connected to a network and it is an option you can disable. if i go on vacation i want to be able to change a setting to turn it off so it's not just sitting there wasting power if there is no way it will be doing something useful. actually i probably would keep the feature off all the time.

if you can still do stuff offline no problem then i have 0 issues with it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i mean i'm online 99.9% of the time i have my 360 on, but i've definitely had issues with game servers in the past. and *SHOCKER* it was with an EA game, tiger woods. i could not play online because i could not connect to the EA server. they had no clue why either. i never could get that version online.

that was the last tiger woods game i played.

Rezist

Jun 20, 2009
I have very poor internet and if I travel I don't have internet being always on could be a deal breaker for me if it's required for playing the single player.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Yeah always on internet mandatory will see my leaving Xbox Live permanently and forever, and I will never give Microsoft another dollar.

I have so many games that I can't play,or cant save games on,etcetc... because I keep my main (my GOOD) computer offline.

Like Arkham City for example, bought that game when it wason sale on Steam. Cant even play it because to save your game you have to be ONLINE.

Why are they insisting on pissing off gamers?

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Yeah always on internet mandatory will see my leaving Xbox Live permanently and forever, and I will never give Microsoft another dollar.

I have so many games that I can't play,or cant save games on,etcetc... because I keep my main (my GOOD) computer offline.

Like Arkham City for example, bought that game when it wason sale on Steam. Cant even play it because to save your game you have to be ONLINE.

Why are they insisting on pissing off gamers?
This implies that you have worse computers that you keep online. Why would you willfully gimp your good computer?

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
I connect it sometimes when I need to download my Steam games etc... I just dont leave it on 24/7...

and anyways, thats the point, i shouldnt have to answer questions like that... but if you really want to know I am a musician and leaving the internet on while recording realtime audio can do funny things, and my good computer is a DAW + gaming PC.