Attachments

• HP Elite 800.jpg
    HP Elite 800.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Assuming you'll stream from this box just use RDP to manage it. Then it doesn't matter which cable. You just have to setup the box and get it running and then remotely manage it.

Reactions: Geos54

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I don't know anything about that HDMI board swap but it seems like the best option, if it supports the resolution, refresh and color you want to run, 4:4:4. I looked at the spec sheet you linked and it lists Displayport 1.2 which should do 4K at 60Hz but it doesn't list the HDMI version, nor did you mention what resolution and refresh rate your display can handle.

For that reason, it might be a safer bet to just try a DP to HDMI2 adapter, or look/ask around in an HP forum in case fellow owners have done this.

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Let me rephrase that. The HDMI board is only $12 delivered, so I would go ahead and get that because if it replaces the virtually worthless analog VGA port, I'd get it while the gettin's good as a general system upgrade, then see if it can manage the specs your TV can handle. If it doesn't, you've still made a significant upgrade because HDMI is the far more common interface for TVs and (budget friendly) monitors. The system should have came with it in the first place!

If it doesn't support high enough specs, I'd still keep it but you could sell it, either way then try the DP to HDMI2 (make sure it is an active HDMI2 adapter, not anything lesser. I'd buy that from a US seller because when it comes to tech specs, you can't really be sure that something wasn't lost in the translation about HDMI and DP version support... or just plain lied about. I'd at least want some fellow owner of that system to state they got a specific product and it worked if there isn't an easy product return path if it doesn't.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Heck they're both apprx. the same price $13 ~ $15. Spend $30 get both an HDMI daughter board and DP to HDMI adapter and try them out. Let us know which is better. If you want to avoid the extra adapter hop get a DP to HDMI male to male cable.

Last edited: