Veterans For Clark 2004. W/ comments from real veterans

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Statistically, of course you will find veterans who support clark. Considering the fact that Clark and Clinton are best buds, I bet you won't find many recent miltary-people who support him. Read a bit on what the military thought of Clinton while he was int he white house.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Last night Ann Coulter called Clark a "phony General" on Hannity and Colmes. I found this very distasteful given that Clark was wounded four times in Vietnam and has served his country with distinction. Please send an e-mail to Hannity at Fox News - you can do it from the fox news e-mail site and tell them how distasteful the comment was and that Ann Coulter should not be allowed on his show because of such comments.
Oh, I see. We should censure the press now. The press is not allowed to say things that may hurt a democrat
rolleye.gif
What a communist.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Last night Ann Coulter called Clark a "phony General" on Hannity and Colmes. I found this very distasteful given that Clark was wounded four times in Vietnam and has served his country with distinction. Please send an e-mail to Hannity at Fox News - you can do it from the fox news e-mail site and tell them how distasteful the comment was and that Ann Coulter should not be allowed on his show because of such comments.
Oh, I see. We should censure the press now. The press is not allowed to say things that may hurt a democrat
rolleye.gif
What a communist.

Actually, I think he wants to censure Ann Coulter...but I guess you could call her press..in a way.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
XZeroII picked out one of two comments by non-vets on that page. Talk about selective reading. HAHA XzeroII, you are pathetic

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Statistically, of course you will find veterans who support clark. Considering the fact that Clark and Clinton are best buds, I bet you won't find many recent miltary-people who support him. Read a bit on what the military thought of Clinton while he was int he white house.

i dont understand why you would make such a comment ...

reason 1
reason 2
alot more

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Considering the fact that Clark and Clinton are best buds, I bet you won't find many recent miltary-people who support him.

Reading is fundamental

Raised in Little Rock, Clark was the only member of his West Point class selected as a Rhodes scholar to attend Oxford University in England, where he was two years ahead of Bill Clinton. While some of his detractors in the military came to demean him as one of ?Clinton?s generals,? Clark and Clinton were only casual acquaintances when Clark rose to prominence at the Pentagon during the Clinton administration.

:)

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I really liked this comment:

I served with the 4th Sqdn 7th Cavalry Regiment of the 3rd AD as an Artillery Forward Observer in Desert Storm. The most memorable event of that campaign for me was being stationed 9 miles outside of Basra while 20,000 Shiites were being massacred by Sadaam Hussein. No orders we given to assist them or to stop Hussein's forces. I was very disappointed. It occurred to me that we had somehow been mislead. I had the impression that we were supposed to be fighting for freedom and democracy. We essentially sacrificed our ideals for political expediency. If we had been true to what we are supposed to stand for we would not have turned our backs on those Iraqi's we encouraged to rise up against Hussein. I don't think they have forgotten how we sold them out. I want a president who fights the next war for the right reasons and honors his promises. I think Wesley Clark could be that man.

Mark Andros, Spec. 4

U.S. Army

Middletown, Maryland

1988-1992

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Pennstate
XZeroII picked out one of two comments by non-vets on that page. Talk about selective reading. HAHA XzeroII, you are pathetic

I don't have time to read every comment on there. I went partway down the list and read 2, then down farther and read 2. I thought it was a page for vets. Kinda misleading if they put non-vets on there, don't you think?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: outriding

i dont understand why you would make such a comment ...

reason 1
reason 2
alot more

Read a bit of what the soldiers in Bosnia thought of him (I think it was Bosnia). They were sent there to sit in the mud. No orders, no nothing. They just sat there in the mud (literally). Clinton showed up and had the only clean uniform there. What a great leader, don't you think? Send your troops to some country, then give them terrible conditions to endure and no mission.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
XzeroII, if you would READ the vets comment page, you'll see quite of few who served under him in Kosovo.

308nato:

I put that for emphasis to contrast between some chickenhawks in this administration and on this forum. XZeroII being one of them.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
I put that for emphasis to contrast between some chickenhawks in this administration and on this forum. XZeroII being one of them.

Heh. Fair enough. I read it wrong....It struck me like "NOW WITH**********" on a product label.
:eek:

Which is oddly enough how Clark is being sold by the media. "DEMOCRATS.....NOW WITH A GENERAL !!!!!!". It's all pretty damn funny. I hope the humor stays in it for the whole year or its going to be hell.

As a real veteran, my comment would be that I served under a Southern democrat posing as commander in chief of the armed forces. It sucked hard. Clark has issues that bother me, but, so does GW. It will all come out in the wash as granny used to say.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
What a joke now they are writing veterans are for the weasel, Like they say don't believe anything you read and half what you see

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
W/ comments from real veterans

Since when did being a veteran make one's opinion any more important? I'm a vet and i don't remember anyone ever giving me such deference when i cared to render my opinion on any other subject. So why when it comes to Clark would you hold my opinion to be of more weight because i was in the army? If i said he sucked ass (or expressed the opposite) does my veteran status make you change your mind about the man?

Not that having some support among the veteran population is a bad thing, but their input is no more pertinent or important than having the support of plumbers, delivery truck drivers, florists, one-legged Ukrainian-born pole vaulters, or any other subgroup of voters you could think of.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I'm a vet and I don't like him. He has always reaked of "politician" like many Generals do. What most outsiders don't usually realize is that most military officers play their entire career as a politics game, rarely getting down and dirty with the troops. I contend that the best officers are usually former non commissioned officers. My opinion shoud carry no more weight than anyone else's on the topic really. I agree with the comment(s) above about the Democratic track with this guy. "Democrats, now with Generals" is very funny and rings true.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Considering the fact that Clark and Clinton are best buds, I bet you won't find many recent miltary-people who support him.

Reading is fundamental

Raised in Little Rock, Clark was the only member of his West Point class selected as a Rhodes scholar to attend Oxford University in England, where he was two years ahead of Bill Clinton. While some of his detractors in the military came to demean him as one of ?Clinton?s generals,? Clark and Clinton were only casual acquaintances when Clark rose to prominence at the Pentagon during the Clinton administration.

Clinton on Wesley Clark

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS ?TWO STARS,? Senator Hillary Clinton of New York and retired four-star General Wesley Clark. This is what former President Bill Clinton, according to the New York Times, told a gathering of big campaign donors in Chappaqua in early September.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: friedpie
Originally posted by: Insane3D

Reading is fundamental

Clinton on Wesley Clark

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS ?TWO STARS,? Senator Hillary Clinton of New York and retired four-star General Wesley Clark. This is what former President Bill Clinton, according to the New York Times, told a gathering of big campaign donors in Chappaqua in early September.

So, does that make them best buds?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
rolleye.gif
What a communist.

What the hell has Ann Coulter done for her country?

Did she serve in the military? Is she truly qualified to even spout off an opinion about a man who has worked ten times as hard as her fat cranky ass has?

Did she OFFER HER LIFE FOR HER COUNTRY LIKE CLARK DID?

Jan 12, 2003
I wonder why Clark was forced out of Bosnia while I was there....he left a year early and before I did...oh, wait, you'll hear about this once the liar gets the nob from the DNC.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
There are millions of real veterans out there. Can we say any one group of us represent the opinion of the whole? No way.

It doesn't legitimise or negate any one candidate to express the opinions of any group or sub group of the populace. If a man serves his country in such a prestegious position for many years, it stands to reason he has gained the admiration of many over time. And also to have lost the respect of a number as well.

Clark like all other candidates will stand on his own merits and will have to earn the trust and respect of the majority of all voters. No big surprises there.

Jan 12, 2003
..so the lies he told on Bosnia/Kosovo are excusable, I am guessing, right? Ask him how many times he was going to show that same bridge being blown up and how many tanks he destroyed....then ask yourself why he retired early and why Sheldon can't stand the liar.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
..so the lies he told on Bosnia/Kosovo are excusable, I am guessing, right? Ask him how many times he was going to show that same bridge being blown up and how many tanks he destroyed....then ask yourself why he retired early and why Sheldon can't stand the liar.
You have a problem with Clark allegedly lying but when Bush lied to the American Public about Hussien having WMDs that were an emminent threat to American Security you seem to ignore it.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
You have a problem with Clark allegedly lying but when Bush lied to the American Public about Hussien having WMDs that were an emminent threat to American Security you seem to ignore it.

Prove either one of them has lied.