Very distressing...(about my first day of school, but not about me)

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
So I'm walking home from school and these two guys are walking behind me and here is how their conversation goes:

A: "So you got work today?"
B: "Yeah, at 5."
A: "Yo, sweet man, you get yo' pay check today."
B: "Oh sh!t man, sweet! YES! I get my pay check...I'm gonna buy some onions, dude!"

Okay, I'm sure you can all figure out what "onions" are...drugs obviously. The guys behind me seemed like druggies and it fits.

Now, they work for drugs? They work...and buy drugs. Let me get this straight...they work, get paid, and buy drugs. Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this friggin' ridiculous?! Not only the sheer idiocy and lack of rational thought that allows one to do drugs, but that they are excited that they worked to earn money to buy drugs.

WTF?! Also, another distressing thing is their speech abilities, or lack there of. I would understand if I lived in the ghetto, but I live in one of the best and richest school districts in NY...where there literally is no "ghetto" for 15 miles, and even then it isn't too bad...its just a city with the usual "projects" but these "projects" are some of the better "projects" in the USA.

Robert01

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2000
People can be whoever the want to be. It would be ridiculous to spend all the money one earns on drugs. People spend money as to where their desires are.

Person A and Person B must be tight yo. :)

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
You're suprised? I'd put the percentage of people I knew in highschool who worked
for no other reason than to have beer money and be financially able to get hammared
every weekend around 70%. Many of those 70% were quite intelligent, but they just
wanted to have fun, "cool teenager"-style fun. Luckily most of them have grown out
of their stupidity-phase.

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
I knew a guy who spent one summer working and spent every bit of cash ever single night on a pint of rum and weed.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I guess that why its called Dope. Stupidity knows no bounds, has no color barrier, or glass ceiling. I used to know kids like that back in my high school days. Don't worry, you'll be doing well while they'll be strung out working minimum wage. Hopefully the next time you encounter them the only words you hear out of their mouth is "You want fries with that?"

Windogg

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Or those pot head will grow out of the phase and become productive members of society. At my high school, the co-valedictorians of the class before me were two of the biggest drinkers in their class, if not the school. The guy went on to medical school now. The girl graduated and i believe is still in grad school. The amount of partying one does is not inversely proportional to their grades. Especially in HS, it was a joke.

Soulflare is right about H.S. and it's true about some in college. For a good portion, it's a phase. They'll grow out of it. I haven't grown out of my phase yet, but I will (I'd use a smiley here now, but I hate them, so I won't)

late.

TDP

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
You would be surprised that the number of people doing drugs in a rich town can be the same amount as in the ghetto. It does not matter where you live...or who you are. You would also be surprised that there is a good number of "respected" people who do drugs. Drugs does not equal a future of working for minimum wage...

Yes, it would be ridiculous to spend all your money on drugs, but it also ridiculous to spend all your money on games....

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
It's better that they work than take mommy or daddy's money for their drugs. Or break into your car to steal your stereo to pawn for money to buy drugs.

At least they understand they gotta work to buy the things they want. A step in the right direction. Perhaps a broken step, but a step none-the-less.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< it would be ridiculous to spend all your money on drugs, but it also ridiculous to spend all your money on games.... >>

Interesting reasoning. The difference is this: you can play all the games you want and not affect me, your humble neighbor, in any way. Unless, of course, you open your windows, point 500 watt speakers in my direction, and let loose. But I'm sure you wouldn't do that (especially after we have a nice chat about it). But with drugs, you will likely have a harmful effect on me. And if not me, our community. If you're an adult and could guarantee our neighborhood would never be affected by your amusements than all is well. Do your pot, be happy, etc. But nobody can make that guarantee. :(

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
JellyBaby

Much of the adverse affect of drugs coule be eliminated by decriminalizing them.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< Much of the adverse affect of drugs coule be eliminated by decriminalizing them >>

BoberFett, I just don't see how the transition could be made. I could see it ending up where drugs are considered legal but are categorized as &quot;controlled&quot;. How does this force dealers off the streets? How does this stop Columbia from distributing the stuff? How does it address the root causes in society that bring kids and drugs together? Help me out here.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
My god, so this kinda of sheer stupidity doesn't exist in my school only... I fear for the future of this planet.