Verizon 'Freedom' packages...

BigLinc

May 15, 2003
I was hoping to get some input from folks about this...Especially the option with DSL (this is for a home, land line with DSL)

For $84.90 they offer:
- Unlimited Local and Long Distance calls
- DSL (and I believe they recently upgraded so that all DSL plans are now 1.5m/128k too)

This actually seems like a pretty good deal, but I have my reservation about Verizon (I had a HORRIBLE time with them getting DSL service before).

Thanks.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
I just saw that commercial myself today. Its $59.99 for just the calling plan, so a good deal for dsl. Too bad we dont get verizon here :(

BigLinc

May 15, 2003
Yeah, considering just a generice phone line with no-frills is still almost $30 a month...$55-$60 for unlimited local/long distance AND a couple frills seems pretty good.

Then add 1.5m/128 DSL (which I believe Cable Modem is charging $40-$45 per month) for $30 and deal seems really sweet.

Rkonster

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2000
I have this package. It's actually cheaper now. Freedom is 49.95. DSL is normall 34.95, but if you have both they give it to you for 29.95, making the total 79.90.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Would be nice if Verizon didn't staff their support lines with people who fell off the short bus.

Spent SIX WEEKS trying to upgrade my DSL from 768->1.5 without success.

I want to personally kick every Verizon Billing Department rep in the teeth with my steel toes. They all deserve massive bouts of diharrea to boot. Bastards.

BigLinc

May 15, 2003
It is exactly what amnesiac went through (which I've also had the displeasure of going through similar) that stops me from jumping on the deal.

But the price just might be low enough for me to risk dealing with the BS again.

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
dont' forget hidden charges and tax

i know that that "49.99" plan verizon offers for unlimied local and long distance actually comes closer to 60 or 70 a month when you add all those charges in

FYI

BigLinc

May 15, 2003
Update.

I've ordered the service and after all the taxes and costs, it's a little over $98 per month. I actually placed the order last week, but true to my dealing with Verizon they weren't able to get my line up and going until this week (they told me it will be installed today).

And the DSL is at least 3 business days behind because they say the line has to be in place for at least that long before they can put DSL on it (something about they have to verify that the line is good).