Vcore is all whacky after Sound Card Install

miketen587

Oct 2, 2012
So I just installed an Asus Xonar DG sound card in my rig...

Booted it up, and I got a warning that my Vcore was at .288. I figured it had something to do with drivers, so I installed the latest driver for it...

After the driver install, I'm not getting any more warnings, but CPUZ and my Bios are still reporting my VCORE at .288.

I have my CPU OCed to 4.2 Ghz and normally its at 1.21 Vcore

The weirdest part of all...the system seems stable after a quick run of IBT and Prime. Am I correct in assuming my pc wouldn't even boot at .288 Vcore, never mind be stable?

What the hell is going on?

Specs:
Asus P8Z77-V LX
GTX 560 TI
Coolermaster 700W PSU

Last edited:

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Asus P8Z77-V LX

Yeah this is ASUS and their dodgy software giving you the alerts. I get the same with my asus mobo depending on which PCIE slot I have my GPU plugged into.

I found where to have the warnings ignored, set them to ignore and that was the end of that.

The one that really bothered me for a while was the iGPU voltage which would go to zero, powergated and all when I had disabled it in the BIOS, and yet the software in windows would give me those annoying pop-ups every 5 min or so :mad: Then it would claim my 12V was operating at 18V or something equally absurd :rolleyes:

Now on my MIVE-Z I was able to physically verify the voltage of the GPU and CPU with a voltmeter just to confirm the software was being silly, and it was just being silly.

I quickly figured out how to disable those alarms and haven't looked back. So no worries for you, it really is just the Asus product. Your CPU is fine.

miketen587

Oct 2, 2012
Appreciate the reply.

I'm just going to uninstall AI suite considering I never use it anway and I'm guessing that will get rid of the warnings.

I just find it really weird how even some parts of the Bios are reporting an incorrect Voltage.

The only part of the Bios that is reporting the correct Vcore is where I manually enter the amount which is all that matters I guess.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
I feel your pain, really I do. I paid a princely sum of $360 for my Asus MIVE-Z, that was more than the $315 2600k I bought to go in it, and yet the bios is buggy about stuff and the software just weirds out like you noticed.

So I'm thinking "if this is what ASUS deems to be 'quality control' for their silly-expensive flagship product then what on earth is their quality control like for the more economical mainstream boards? D:"

But from what I have gathered this is pretty much how it is across the industry, its not just an ASUS thing. Doesn't matter who else you buy your mobo from, the quirks and bugs will be there and to put it brashly "not a single f*ck appears to be given" by the mobo makers to improve their quality control.