Vanguard preps Update 4

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Vanguard is still Pay-to-Play right?

A month is given to you with your purchase of the game. They charge a monthly fee just like almost all MMORPGs (although discounts are given if you prepay a significant time period, afaik).

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: SunnyD
Vanguard is still Pay-to-Play right?

A month is given to you with your purchase of the game. They charge a monthly fee just like almost all MMORPGs (although discounts are given if you prepay a significant time period, afaik).

Yeah - I used to have an account last year... I was wondering if they gave up the subscription model yet.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Have any SOE games every gone free to play?

Typically when an MMO goes free to play, its the beginning of the end, the final hooray before the game disappears entirely. In the case of Vanguard, unless they turn things around, I don't see the game having the same longevity as EQ1, EQ2, or SWG.

Perhaps they should return to the game's original vision?

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Have any SOE games every gone free to play?

Typically when an MMO goes free to play, its the beginning of the end, the final hooray before the game disappears entirely. In the case of Vanguard, unless they turn things around, I don't see the game having the same longevity as EQ1, EQ2, or SWG.

Perhaps they should return to the game's original vision?

What vision? The crap Brad Mcquaid was pulling on people when he talked about his "Vision" was the wool over everyone else's eyes.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Drift3r
What vision? The crap Brad Mcquaid was pulling on people when he talked about his "Vision" was the wool over everyone else's eyes.

Believe it or not, a lot of people wanted the original setup.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Indeed, it went downhill fast when they pulled in the "Let's make it like WoW" and popped in riftway and all that jazz. I *would* play it if it didn't have a monthly fee. I feel scammed that I paid $50 for the release at this point.