valentine plans needed - bayarea.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Need some ideas from the folks in the bayarea, I'm thinking of doing something late in the afternoon then catching dinner at night. Here are some of the ideas -

1. Tour of the Napa vineyard and dinner around the area.
2. A play at the city and dinner at some fancy restaurant.

For the budget, anything less than $150-$200 person including activity and dinner. thanks in adv.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
u cant go wrong doing wine tasting in napa..

go to beringer and mondavi, and do some wine tasting (free)

then go to city and have dinner at a fancy restaurant (depends on level of rest)

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
The reason why I'm not jumping on the wine tasting option is cause she doesn't drink at all so I'm not sure how she'll like it.

Another idea would be to walk around union sq. and take her to one of those spa/relaxation places and dinner afterwards ...

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
u can also go to ghirardelli square for ice cream!!! girls love ice cream..

get the earthquake ahahaha, and u dont need to eat dinner afterwards..

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: blackdogdeek
my buddy proposed on this with much success.

how did your trip to nyc go?

hey you remembered! Thanks for all your help with our NYC trip it was awesome! Our nigght stay was not long enough ... we're thinking of visiting again with some friends in the near future. =)

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
I'm taking my gf to the Top of the Mark in the city. You might be able to make reservations online.

Last year, we went to the Waterfront Cafe on Embarcadero. It was really nice, but it was a fixed menu, so you don't get much of a choice.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I am so glad my g/f doesn't believe in Hallmark holidays. She's insisting that we just stay home and watch TV. :D

She also thinks "Sweetest day" is the biggest load of tripe on the planet. Yeah, she's a keeper. :p

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
Originally posted by: blackdogdeek
my buddy proposed on this with much success.

how did your trip to nyc go?

hey you remembered! Thanks for all your help with our NYC trip it was awesome! Our nigght stay was not long enough ... we're thinking of visiting again with some friends in the near future. =)

glad i could help.

let me know if you have any questions for your next trip here and good luck on this one.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
San Francisco has some really neat places to visit.

I wuld walk around Golden Gate park and then go to a nice restuaunt. Golden Gate park has some awesome views. Its neat.

RalphWiggum

Feb 20, 2001
If she doesn't drink at all, why would you take her wine tasting? I've been to Napa before; its not great. The tours are fairly boring, and the best part is probably tasting the wine. There are, however, some nice restaurants out there.

I'd go with the play or show, depending on what you guys like. Have you looked into the Lion King show at the Orpheum?

Eating in the city shouldn't be a problem, and if you want something fancy check SF Dine About Town out. A huge list of some fancy restaurants that will serve you a three course meal for a fixed price.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
if u have the $$$ (and still can make the reservation)

try gary danko (sp?) restaurant, uber nice, tasty, but pricey too

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: RalphWiggum
If she doesn't drink at all, why would you take her wine tasting? I've been to Napa before; its not great. The tours are fairly boring, and the best part is probably tasting the wine. There are, however, some nice restaurants out there.

I'd go with the play or show, depending on what you guys like. Have you looked into the Lion King show at the Orpheum?

Eating in the city shouldn't be a problem, and if you want something fancy check SF Dine About Town out. A huge list of some fancy restaurants that will serve you a three course meal for a fixed price.

yup! Took her to the Lion King last year when we went to NYC, not sure if there's anything showing that she'll be interested in; maybe hairspray. dine-about-town is good idea ... I'll book the rest. today, hopefully there will be something open.