V4 Force feedback steering wheel and petals, Office Max Clearance $29.00

KBtrade

Jan 21, 2000
I picked up the InterAct V4 Force feedback steering wheel and petals on Clearance at Office Max for $29.00 marked down from $79.99 here in PA.
The UPC # is 741948002830, the same # shows up on the receipt. It does not appear to have Windows 2000 drivers available yet according to www.interact-acc.com website. As to how good it works I have not tried it yet, but the box does say PC Gamer Editors' Choice.

Wik

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2000
I received this set over a year ago for my birthday and I loved it. My friend and I tried to wear it out for hours and never could. Our arms sure got tired from fighting the force feedback in NFS 3 back when it came out. Man the memories. As far as I know it still works, it is setting under my desk with about 14 months of dust on it.

wjones

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2000
No Office Max here. Can anyone help me to get one and I'll pay for shipping. I have been looking for this kind of steering wheel but the price always stopped me to get one.

mikebill

Sep 25, 2000

from the manufacturer's site:

The V3 Racing Wheel allows the gamer to get a more intense experience out of popular driving games. From realistic simulations like NASCAR and Need For Speed to fast paced action games like Re-Volt, the V3 will have you tightly gripping the wheel for those sharp turns and slamming on the gas pedal in the straight a ways.

strange, there is no any info about V4 model. Typo?

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
I work for OM and we still got one more I think at the Anaheim, CA store #616. I put this one on the clearance shelf for over a month now. I don't think it's such a great deal since it looks kinda cheap.

McCarthy

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Agree with Bad_Dude here. The V-3 is a low end wheel, suitable for occasional use and pure gaming, but if you're doing anything competitive it's not going to hold up. Someone mentioned N99, that title requires a precise input device if you're racing in realistic mode and going for all you can get. If you just like to set the AI down and do it for FUN (people used to have fun with games, now it's like an insult..not how I mean it) then the V- line might fit.

As for if it works with N99 - think so. N99 runs in Windows, has a few tweaks of Nascar 2. Original version of Nascar 2 only worked with gamecard inputs, no USB/seriel etc. Don't know what the V-4 input is, but for N99 it should work.

--Mc

darrenford

Jun 14, 2000

Thanks bad_dude and mccarthy,

I stopped by OM on the way home yesterday and they didn't have any wheels of any brand.

mcdull

Aug 7, 2000
There is still one V4 left in a broken box at Culver City store, CA, should be good deal for force feedback wheel. The V3 is priced at $39 and I think it's not force feedback.

Wik

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2000
The V4 is pretty nice.

My buddy and I have not been able to break it, even after a case of beer and 8 hours of Need For Speed. Ahhh the memories, or that lack of.

Great deal though, well worth it. Mine was like $114.00 over a year ago.

The V3 is a POS non force feedback wheel. I would rather steer with the keyboard.