UW Madison students

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: SarcasticDwarf
Originally posted by: LadyBuggy
Ok, seriously. This is just sad.

I'd go if more people were going. I don't think you'd want to hang out with just me, though.

Actually, I really don't care. I want to get more of a sense of Madison. If I can meet an ATOT'r, then fantastic. It is always fun to meet everyone. If not, then I will probably end up eating alone in the commons or whatever, which is not nearly as much fun.

Alright then, I wouldn't want you to eat alone. Where is your tour ending? I'll be down in the State Street area before then, but I can get anywhere on campus pretty quickly.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001

I'd go if more people were going. I don't think you'd want to hang out with just me, though.

Actually, I really don't care. I want to get more of a sense of Madison. If I can meet an ATOT'r, then fantastic. It is always fun to meet everyone. If not, then I will probably end up eating alone in the commons or whatever, which is not nearly as much fun.

Alright then, I wouldn't want you to eat alone. Where is your tour ending? I'll be down in the State Street area before then, but I can get anywhere on campus pretty quickly.

My guess is that the tour is just in the Helen C White building, so I will be at that end of campus.

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002

My guess is that the tour is just in the Helen C White building, so I will be at that end of campus.

I can just meet you outside of Helen C White, then. Or maybe inside of the main entrance if it's cold. I can be there around 4, since I'll be down there anyway.

pg22

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2000
UW at Madison is one of my top choices for law school next year.

What do you guys think of Madison and the school in general?

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: pg22
UW at Madison is one of my top choices for law school next year.

What do you guys think of Madison and the school in general?

I like Madison a lot-- there's a wide variety of stuff to do around town. There's a nice free zoo a little south of campus, great trails around Lake Mendota and around the city, there are a few theatres, and then I've heard that the bars are good too.

I cut through the law building to get to other buildings sometimes, and it seems pretty nice, too. :)

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Madison is the sweet. Plus some spots have great internet connections... I used to ping <10 consitantly playing CS:S from downtown.