Question uTorrent switching off modem

Flx6

Jun 20, 2020
Hello Everybody,
Hope you're well.

I have recently moved to a new apartment and there was already a modem in here, which is the one I am using currently.

The internet connection seemed to be fine within the first days of usage, however, I've realized that a while after I open uTorrent, the modem just switches off by itself. Everytime it happens I have to unplug and plug again the modem so it can restart.

I have been advised to change preferences in uTorrent such as to untick the 'Unable UPnP port mapping' and decrease the global maximum number of connections to 150.

Nevertheless, even after that, the problem is still there.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me with this.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Stop torrenting? Btw, I'm going to assume that you're using a "Gateway", and not just a "modem". A "modem" should not be shutting off, unless it's faulty, or the cable company is detecting usage on a connection / account that is supposed to be disconnected, and is rebooting the modem on purpose.

You are paying for this connection, no? And it's in your name?

Flx6

Jun 20, 2020
Hello VirtualLarry,
Thank you for your message.

So in the end what happened was that there was a problem with the provider's central. After a month, apparently it has been solved.

I am paying for this connection, however, it is not in my name, but in my landlord's, as it is within his package.

Best regards,