Utah, List of "illegal immigrants" released to the public

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
You know its kinda funny. The right wants blood, but they forget that their grandparents were illegals too. The Indians were not able to secure the borders and now look at the mess we have. They came here and bred like rabbits and just f'ed up the place :).

I would argue that the native americans are better off than if they did manage to defend their borders - look at the countries in south america and see how they managed over the last 3-400 years.

Elias824

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2007
I would argue that the native americans are better off than if they did manage to defend their borders - look at the countries in south america and see how they managed over the last 3-400 years.

Yeah its better now that we basically committed genocide and got rid of them. I guess its ok that we enslaved people to cause now their kids get to live in this awesome country.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
You know its kinda funny. The right wants blood, but they forget that their grandparents were illegals too. The Indians were not able to secure the borders and now look at the mess we have. They came here and bred like rabbits and just f'ed up the place :).

Agreed. :p It's obvious that we "natives" should wake the fuck up before it's too late.

Not only do the Hispanics breed like rabbbits, they're Catholic. A study, conducted by the Pew Hispanic Center and the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, found that half of Hispanic Catholics practice a “distinctive form” of charismatic Catholicism that includes speaking in tongues, miraculous healings and prophesying — practices more often associated with Pentecostalism. Among Catholics who are not Hispanic, only 12 percent are involved in these practices.

The study also found that two-thirds of Hispanics choose to worship in “ethnic congregations” that have Hispanic clergymen and Spanish-language services, and where a majority of congregants are Hispanic. These congregations are cropping up throughout the country, even in areas where Hispanics are sparse.

Hispanics are the fastest-growing ethnic group in the United States, doubling from 1980 to 2000, and projected to more than double between 2000 and 2020, according to Pew researchers. As of 2005, there were 42 million Hispanics in the United States, accounting for about 14 percent of the population.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

The South American natives failed to defend their borders too....

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Agreed. :p It's obvious that we "natives" should wake the fuck up before it's too late.

Not only do the Hispanics breed like rabbbits, they're Catholic. A study, conducted by the Pew Hispanic Center and the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, found that half of Hispanic Catholics practice a “distinctive form” of charismatic Catholicism that includes speaking in tongues, miraculous healings and prophesying — practices more often associated with Pentecostalism. Among Catholics who are not Hispanic, only 12 percent are involved in these practices.

The study also found that two-thirds of Hispanics choose to worship in “ethnic congregations” that have Hispanic clergymen and Spanish-language services, and where a majority of congregants are Hispanic. These congregations are cropping up throughout the country, even in areas where Hispanics are sparse.

Hispanics are the fastest-growing ethnic group in the United States, doubling from 1980 to 2000, and projected to more than double between 2000 and 2020, according to Pew researchers. As of 2005, there were 42 million Hispanics in the United States, accounting for about 14 percent of the population.

What is the relevance of all this?

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
She has been here 8 years and hasn't bothered to learn the language or apply for citizenship ?

I don't approve of peoples info being posted publicly. A big problem with things like SS numbers is they are not often stolen but made up. Some business do not hand in worker info to the IRS except in quarters . By the time they find out the SS# is fake the worker has moved on. My brother got 8 tax forms in the mail, for 8 different Spanish names. They picked his address off a business card.
You cannot apply for legal residence while in this country without proof that you entered legally. Legal residence is not something you just go apply for. If even she found away, 8 years is nothing. The only quick way is marriage.

Doesn't excuse illegal immigration, but legal immigration is not even an option for most.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Thread title is misleading (at best), Utah did not release the list to the public. They are investigating IF it was "leaked" by a state worker etc.

I also note the woman complaining IS illegal.

I also note she can't speak English.

I also note her info was known because she applied for state health care benefits.

I also note that illegal aliens do not get SS#'s. I.e., she's comitting fraud and likely identity theft.

Am having serious trouble generating any sympathy/concern.

Fern

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Yeah its better now that we basically committed genocide and got rid of them. I guess its ok that we enslaved people to cause now their kids get to live in this awesome country.

Who's "we" ? Is there some guilt group that I'm not part of?

Everyone's ancestors were essentially abused at some point; it's just a matter how far back you want to. The argument now is the people living now are better off than if it hadn't happened.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, but their countries didn't get overrun by the whitey... err europeans, which is presumably what he was referring to.

Yeah they were, the only difference was the Spaniards and Portuguese intermarried while the Protestants up here preferred slaughter.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Yeah, but their countries didn't get overrun by the whitey... err europeans, which is presumably what he was referring to.

Spanish conquistadors ring a bell?

Cortés was 'just kidding' when he hung the last Aztec ruler?

That 'Old World' Spanish 'plague' brought by Francisco Pizarro that wiped out the Inca Empire and killed 95% of them?

And though the Mayans were past their hey-day in the south, Alvarado & Crew were just out for a good time, eh?

Psst ... tens of millions of the indigenous peoples of the Americas died from the disease and violence brought forth by the 'enlightened' Euro-peons.

--

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

It's not only the folks on the right who bitch about the illegals. I've never voted for a Republican candidate in over 35 years of voting...and I'm one of the loudest to bitch about the illegal immigrant issues...PLUS, I have quite a few relatives on the Sioux reservations in South Dakota (1/4 Sioux, 1/8 Cheyenne) and I consider all of you to be illegal immigrants...even the Black folks...talk about breeding like rabbits and f'ing up the place...Look at Detroit...:p

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
Thread title is misleading (at best), Utah did not release the list to the public. They are investigating IF it was "leaked" by a state worker etc.

I also note the woman complaining IS illegal.

I also note she can't speak English.

I also note her info was known because she applied for state health care benefits.

I also note that illegal aliens do not get SS#'s. I.e., she's comitting fraud and likely identity theft.

Am having serious trouble generating any sympathy/concern.

Fern

Just want to point out that this is not completely correct. See here:
A foreigner legally authorized to immigrate and work in the U.S. for a certain duration of time gets SSN. This person then overstays his or her visa. There you go, an Illegal with SSN.

But yes, everything else makes it difficult to illicit sympathy.

Yeah they were, the only difference was the Spaniards and Portuguese intermarried while the Protestants up here preferred slaughter.

Yes, the Spanish (and probably Portuguese?) had a policy different from their Anglo-Saxon counterparts regarding the natives. The natives were to be converted, assimilated, and become subjects of the Spanish crown (i.e. citizens of Spain). Here in what is now the USA. . . well we know how that went.

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
It's not only the folks on the right who bitch about the illegals. I've never voted for a Republican candidate in over 35 years of voting...and I'm one of the loudest to bitch about the illegal immigrant issues...PLUS, I have quite a few relatives on the Sioux reservations in South Dakota (1/4 Sioux, 1/8 Cheyenne) and I consider all of you to be illegal immigrants...even the Black folks...talk about breeding like rabbits and f'ing up the place...Look at Detroit...:p

Hahaha let's go back further... America belonged to Native Americans (Asians) so all you whities are all illegal immigrants. :D

Elias824

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2007
Who's "we" ? Is there some guilt group that I'm not part of?

Everyone's ancestors were essentially abused at some point; it's just a matter how far back you want to. The argument now is the people living now are better off than if it hadn't happened.

I dont expect everyone to go around feeling guilty all the time, but putting a band-aid on it and saying well its ok we killed a bunch of people cause 200 years later things ended up OK isn't really the right approach. We should though recognize what happened, understand why it was wrong and try to not do it to another group of people.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I have no problems publishing data on verified Illegal Aliens. They need to verify the status first.