UT2k4 players thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
I have UT2k4 but my DVD is scratched so I am outta action, it would rock if I could find the game files online somewhere :( :( :(

CruZan

Feb 21, 2005
hey N7, my UT2K4 name is «DDK»CruZan, we 're another pig-ctf clan, among other game types, good to see ya here

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
The original UT brings back great memories. I love the layout of a lot of the DM maps. It's just not the same anymore with the new maps. Everything is just ... open.. not much thought behind the layout or things like that. It made for great strategy.

Anyway with UT2k4, I play Onslaught-only. I'm... around.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Am I the only person who thinks the Double Domination is really irritating compared to Domination?

I too purchased Unreal, Unreal Gold, Unreal Tournament, UT GOTY, Unreal 2, Unreal 2003 and frankly I dont think I got my money's worth from most of them. The sale of UT2004 just ticked me off. And I until I pay for my own genuine code, I wont be playing online with you guys. But if I did, I would use the Soria model and go by the name Elspeth.
In fact, I may go over to wally world and pick up the DVD edition after I get off work tonight.
I am a horrible shot and cant strategize, hope to see you soon! ;)

(P.S. I like monster invasion and assault.)

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: CruZan
hey N7, my UT2K4 name is «DDK»CruZan, we 're another pig-ctf clan, among other game types, good to see ya here

Whoa, it's a small world :D

I know you guys. I'm in {DGS}...our former Crackpot was with you guys for a bit right?

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I like to play too and usually play team deathmatch. CrazyFool is the name. :D

I do OK sometimes. ;)

Text

:beer:

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
I like to play too and usually play team deathmatch. CrazyFool is the name. :D

I do OK sometimes. ;)

Text

:beer:

I suck with reg. weapons sadly, though i do well in ONS.
In PIG CTF, i sometimes do alright, albeit on the losing team :p

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
on ONS-Torlan, how do you stop manta whores whoring out at your base?

I'm "poweredbyhonda"

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: OS
on ONS-Torlan, how do you stop manta whores whoring out at your base?

I'm "poweredbyhonda"

Try another server...seriously, some servers have no spawn-killing rules, etc.

Generally though, the best way is just to be alert.

You may not have the avril when spawning (you won't in Torlan), but with practise, shock-combos & flack can be devastating to Mantas.

Also, Mantas cannot turn fast, so as long as you keep an eye on your surroundings, even with a Manta coming at you full speed, you usually can strafe jump to the side, & they will nearly always miss.

Depending on the terrain, ducking (crouch) can also work well.

Even if you don't have good enough aim to hit the Mantas without the avril, i often can simply keeping strafe-jumping to avoid them till they get frustrated & leave, or till they make a stupid mistake, like jumping out to fight me...then you can steal their Manta...hehe :)

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
I have UT2k4 but my DVD is scratched so I am outta action, it would rock if I could find the game files online somewhere :( :( :(
d00d, it plays without the disc :laugh:

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: sheik124
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
d00d, it plays without the disc :laugh:

Yeah, it does, but i am going to assume he didn't have it installed.

I think he's all set now though ;)

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
haha played the other day at a lan...wow I need to brush up :(

I used to seriously be able to beat a godlike bot on 1v1 Instagib but those times are no more :(

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I have noticed a lot of you guys played instagib.

Is that just regular single shot instagib?

I am in a PIG (psycho instagib) clan & do alright, but single shot is something i suck at.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: n7
I have noticed a lot of you guys played instagib.

Is that just regular single shot instagib?

I am in a PIG (psycho instagib) clan & do alright, but single shot is something i suck at.
I've been playing some matches on the IGS server with the zark rifle and low grav in ONS maps. That's always fun for a few games.

Colonel C

May 19, 2005
Interlopercubed (or interloperx3) sometimes and Colonel_C other times in team deathmatch and CTF usually. Onslaught just doesn't appeal to me.

Phobos 2 is definitly the best map, along with a few of the assault ones. Mothership in particular.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
I play DM/TDM/BR/VCTF and a bit of Assault/ONS. I play as Mr.Misanthrope, iPF|Malice, and Gameface as well as many other names. Currently I've been playing as Mr.Misanthrope. I generally despise playing with others so I avoid the team gametypes. NW DM is my speciality.

GodOfFire

Jul 8, 2005
well im <NsE>GodOfFire
my clan is NSE new snipers era if you just add that you may find our clans server ;) lol so have fun frag hard gg

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: SonicIce
I made a cool UT 2004 map but have no where to host it :(. Anybody got a bit of bandwith? Its only 752KB zipped. Here's a pic.

Cool! Looks like a fun little DM map. E-mail it to me at mobobuff@gmail.com and I'll get it hosted for you, and also have it run on my clan's UT server.

Epsil0n00

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
<-- m|x.epsil0n
I also go by *Blaze.of.Glory" a lot of the time, especially when I'm not playing LGIG-CTF. m|x.blast clan rawks at LGIGCTF and I play often at the [MD]FaceClassic server... but my true favorite is Face3.

I also play a ton of ONS, lots of Torlan, Dawn, Severance, etc.

Hey n7{DGS}, I have played a bunch in your clan's PIG servers and I really enjoy that! I think that I even played with you a few times, I think I remember some good matches in that big Bedrooms CTF map! I was likely playing as *Blaze.of.Glory"

see you guys online!
Epsil0n

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
I'm {MuT}Nohr or Nohr. Played with MuT in several ONS tournament ladders, GGL, TWL, etc. It's great fun playing with a coordinated group of teammates on TeamSpeak. :) So much more satisfying than dealing with the average pub'er.

I mostly play ONS and usually only DM with friends. Used to play Carball a lot but lost interest several versions ago for whatever reason.

Won't catch me on for another couple weeks though. I'm away from home visiting family and I dare not play on dialup!