UT2K4 Map Suggestions

fierydemise

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
This Sunday a few friends and I are having a LAN party and I'm in charge of the map list, I've got a good set of CTF maps but I really want to do Onslaught and I'm looking for onslaught maps that will work well with 8 people. Just about the only maps I've found so far are ONS-Primeval and ONS-Frostbite which while fun are relatively similar maps. Any others?

Oct 30, 2004
Bloodgulch seems a little big for 4-on-4 CTF. I know the map from Invasion Monster Mash RPG.

Can't say I know much about UT 2004 CTF maps. If you guys were gonna play UT99 CTF, I could set you up with a sweet-arsed map list for 4-on-4.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by: fierydemise
This Sunday a few friends and I are having a LAN party and I'm in charge of the map list, I've got a good set of CTF maps but I really want to do Onslaught and I'm looking for onslaught maps that will work well with 8 people. Just about the only maps I've found so far are ONS-Primeval and ONS-Frostbite which while fun are relatively similar maps. Any others?

Torlan, Dawn, Arctic Stronghold, Severance, Crossfire?

I know they're not tiny, but they should be fine for 4v4.

fierydemise

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
Originally posted by: n7
Torlan, Dawn, Arctic Stronghold, Severance, Crossfire?

I know they're not tiny, but they should be fine for 4v4.
Don't maps that big feel a little empty with only 8 people?

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
ONS isn't really designed for small groups of people.

So yes, they may feel a little empty.

Vidda

Sep 29, 2004
Try out Bombing Run. So much more fun, and I have a ton of map recommendations for that. :)

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Just play on Monster Madness with your friends (Invasion server with lots of mutators and tons of custom content, it also has a few soccer maps where vehicles are pushing the ball around), there's some hectic action (very tough though). I play there every day, or almost.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
Considering most 2K4 ladder matches in ONS were 6v6 or even 5v5, and in Europe a popular 3v3 mini tourney was a pretty good success, I don't think 8 is tiny at all. Smaller maps with certain node configurations can be great fun with few people.

Frostbite with the single node, even Primeval(gasp!) would work, in addition to many of the standard ones.