UT2K4: A little Friday night fun with the flying leviathan!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: csaddict
looked to me like he was lifting it with a couple of raptors.

If so, methinks that particular physics tweak isn't gonna last past the first patch. :p

- M4H

but its not like a flying levi would be real sneaky. the thing is massive. hitting it with a shock rifle should push it off the raptor, woulnd it?

anyways, thats crazy cool.

Not likely. Goliaths and Hellbenders don't move when you drill them with an AVRiL - I don't see why the Leviathan would even budge if you Shock it.

The Raptors holding it up, OTOH ... :evil:

- M4H

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Cool pics.

UT2k4 is a gorgeous game. I play it on my 50" widescreen HDTV at 1920x1080 :) My 9800Pro handles that res without a hitch.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: FreshPrince
does anyone know how to call in the orbital satellite at will? ;)
You mean the bomber ? I'd like to know that ! I hear "incoming airstrike" and I'm like... HOW THE HELL ?!

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Use the target painter gun to call the airstrikes.

The flying levithan is a bug, you can push it onto other vehicles and then drive with the smaller vehicle.

Kami: THAT IS INSANE, my 9800 has problems w/ 1280x1024 and everything on highest.

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: FreshPrince
does anyone know how to call in the orbital satellite at will? ;)
You mean the bomber ? I'd like to know that ! I hear "incoming airstrike" and I'm like... HOW THE HELL ?!

as previously stated, that's the target painter you're talking about. On ons, it's near the 1st node connected to your power core, look for it. I still haven't figured out to use it to take out a fully healed node in one airstrike. Most of the time, it only hurts a node a fraction of the time. However, that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about when you fly your raptor too high on severance, and land on one of the mountains. You'll see a message on screen that says you've been targeted by the orbital satellite. next second you're toast! I did this with the levi by flying it up there, and the orbi-sat took it out like nothing! I wanna know how to call on this kind of firepower at will ;) :p

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: kami
Cool pics.

UT2k4 is a gorgeous game. I play it on my 50" widescreen HDTV at 1920x1080 :) My 9800Pro handles that res without a hitch.

So when can we all come over?