Using SpeedFan

SanDiegoPC

Jul 14, 2006
In the final setup stages of my build here, and I installed SpeedFan as recommended so many times by others in this forum. But the program has very few MB choices, and of course my Abit P35-Pro isn't one of them.

How do I set it up for my system?

Thanks
Paul in San Diego

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
Somewhere in Speedfan there's the option to download a profile that a user uploaded for your motherboard. They didn't have my board, that I saw (P35-DS3L), but they did have several user submitted profiles for teh P35-DS3R. I tried one, but it was very wrong, either because the boards are substantially different (which I doubt) or the person who uploaded it set it up wrong. YMMV I guess.

I just ended up configuring it myself. The temps that spike when you run a stress program are the CPU temps. If you look in the configuration screen you can see where it's getting the temp readings from. That should tell you which temp(s) are being read from your graphics card.

I changed the labels to make things easier to read at a glance, and changed the warning temps on the video card, since those are very different than CPUs. Other than that, I didn't do a whole lot of customization.

SanDiegoPC

Jul 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Heidfirst
on a Pro why not just use uGuru's fan control?

All I can see on uGuru is that it reports the fan speed. How do I control it with that program? Guess I need to spend more time sorting out uGuru then. thanks!

Heidfirst

Platinum Member
May 18, 2005
both in the BIOS & using the Windows GUI you can set fan voltages, reference temps (system, PWM, CPU) for individual headers to take their cue from etc. etc.