Using harddrive a virtual cd drive

XFalconX

Oct 19, 2012
Hello

Have a noob question hoping someone can help. I still play c&c generals zero hour and i have the hard cd copy and using a mod to play Rise of the reds. Currently have to have a cd to play and looking for a freeware to convert the cd into a virtual drive. I have tried Gizmo and for some reason it won't create the Iso image stating error redundancy cycling or some crap like that. The computer is new (Alienware X51 with i7 3770 , 8 gb ram) and the drive works fine. Guess I am looking for a free iso creater

The second question is once I get to mount image how can I use the Rise of the red patch/ mod to also take part into starting the virtual drive. This patch/mod was a free download but you need to have the zero hour expansion installed

Any help appreciated

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Virtual Clone Drive is nice too

I personally go with Alcohol 52% when I need something of the sort. But I suggested Daemon Tools since the OP wants one-stop ripping/mounting/and likely CP-emu support out of the box with as little hassle as possible. Alcohol 120% would suffice for that as well, but Daemon Tools is pretty much the "go-to" tool for that sort of thing.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
man... thats a throwback name. havent used alcohol is YEARS.

derp... didnt read the post completely. didnt comprehend the part where he needed to make the iso.