Question Using a Netgear C6220 only as modem.

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
So we just moved and using this modem/router combo was giving us spotty WIFI coverage throughout the house. Got a mesh wifi which solved that with using this Netgear device as modem only. I tried to connect my desktop PC directly to it as it still had another ethernet port available and I am not getting internet access. Even tried switching ports between my PC and the mesh wifi router. The latter works but not my PC. Am I supposed to activate something on the PC or on the Netgear modem/router? Or is this the norm for this kind of set-up.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way around this or I'm pretty much SOL?
You need to make up your mind, if you want the gateway to be a modem (bridge mode on gateway), or a router. There is no in-between, there is no "both". If it's in bridge mode, then only ONE (the first ethernet port to be connected to an external MAC address) port that will function on the device as a modem. There's no way around that. Connect that port to the WAN port of a "normal" router, and then connect your internet-using devices to that router. That's how it works.

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
Yeah, I guess I was ignorant of that. Got a plan of action now to "share" that single port.
Thanks again for the replies guys!