Useless cars?

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
I can't believe a car like this was made.

I further can't believe that someone would actually purchase this car at a premium.

I was following this car all the way to work this morning and couldn't figure out what it was.

Nissan Murano Coup Convertable. (2 door SUV Convertable... what?)

nissan-convertible-murano.jpg

tweakmonkey

Mar 11, 2013
tweak3d.net
I was thinking of this stupid SUV convertible as soon as I saw the title. What's this for, to throw your kids in the back and look sporty on the way to drop them off at daycare? Hope it doesn't rollover :(

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i had thought the bmw x6 was the height of SUV stupidity, but then this thing came along.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Acura ZDX - my vote for most useless vehicle in the USA.

At least the Murano serves the purpose of being a Convertible. I figure these would be popular in Florida.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
smart_fortwo_cabrio.jpg

At least the Murano has room for a bag of groceries. Probably gets better gas mileage than the Smart does too.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I haven't seen one on the road ever. I predict this will sell about as well as ice at the north pole.

KDKPSJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2002
I actually saw few, and surprising enough, it was not that bad at all. I still thought what the point of it was though.

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
I'll give you that the Murano coupvertible is hideous, but I don't see how it's any more stupid than the majority of SUV's. If anything, it somehow makes more sense to me...if the only purpose of your SUV is so you sit higher than other people (number one reason that I typically hear), why not go ahead and...well, do anything you freakin' want?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Even worse is that topless is when the car looks best.

31399543.jpeg

Please note that 'best' is used in a looooooooose way.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
For the wanna be middle class yuppie that needs a minivan but wants both a SUV to keep up with the Jones but also entering midlife crises and wanting a convertible sports car.

The only thing that's missing is a BMW/Mercedes badge and they could have it all in one car.

JCH13

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2010
I know guys, let take the type of vehicle most likely to roll over, and then take away the primary structure that protects occupants in case a roller over occurs! Hooray!

D:

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
I can't believe no one said a non GT mustang everyone use to rag on guys who had one.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
I'll give you that the Murano coupvertible is hideous, but I don't see how it's any more stupid than the majority of SUV's. If anything, it somehow makes more sense to me...if the only purpose of your SUV is so you sit higher than other people (number one reason that I typically hear), why not go ahead and...well, do anything you freakin' want?

Most SUVs are pretty lame these days. More car-based unibody crossovers than anything. This just makes it that much worse I guess. But hey, if someone wants it that's fine. Free country, after all (sorta, some people are control freaks trying to micromanage everybody else). In the meantime, I'll keep my real SUV that can do a lot more than sit higher :D

*edit* holy crap, that thing is lamer than I thought. Rated at only 1mpg higher than my Trailblazer, while having a smaller, weaker engine, little towing capacity, smaller, seats 1 less person, a small trunk... o_O I know that's not what you'd buy it for, but still :|

Last edited:

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I can't believe no one said a non GT mustang everyone use to rag on guys who had one.

I hate them a lot.
A pony car has to be a V8... Just my opinion.
Not that the V6 is a bad performer, its just not the way a Mustang or Challenger should be. :D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Acura ZDX - my vote for most useless vehicle in the USA.

At least the Murano serves the purpose of being a Convertible. I figure these would be popular in Florida.

oh that's true. no sebring or solara convertible anymore so these are probably popular rentals in sun country.