Useful idiot husband votes for Trump, wife gets deported.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
deporting illegals is the law. patronage not found
It is the wanting an exception because he voted for Trump that would be patronage. It is that people expect that because they are on Trumps side he would make an exception for him. That would be patronage as opposed to the rule of law.

You are right that no patronage was found (so far) in this case since Trump has not (yet) made an exception for him. But it does show that people expect it.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
an excellent, irrelevant, nonsensical rebuttal only a progressive could devise.. well done sir
Always hysterical when a regressive thinks they have something over a progressive. It doesn't even make sense but their limited brain power won't allow them to understand it. You get patted on the head a lot don't you? Many indulgent looks coming your way too I imagine.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
to the best of my knowledge, she is here legally. If you have some proof that shows she is here, today, illegally, then please provide it.

But I have to assume you are referring to the 6-7 weeks of work she did under a tourist/visitor visa prior to receiving her H1-B. Yes, that 6 or 7 week period where she did get paid was in violation of her then visa. She was not here illegally, but she did violate her visa. So I am unclear how that today makes her here in this country illegally.

I suppose a case could be made about false statements and such but I doubt after over 20 years anyone really cares.

The government is denaturalizing people for infractions they committed before becoming citizens and deporting them, people who've been citizens for decades even. If she violated the terms of her visa then seems that she should be fair game.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
The government is denaturalizing people for infractions they committed before becoming citizens and deporting them, people who've been citizens for decades even. If she violated the terms of her visa then seems that she should be fair game.
Plus there's zero chance she's not a rapist and a murderer.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

You are right

APNewsBreak: US launches bid to find citizenship cheaters

https://apnews.com/1da389a535684a5f9d0da74081c242f3

Melania Trump modeled in US prior to getting work visa

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Enforcement like this is just random fuckovers. Keep 'em living in fear.
Exactly - effing ridiculous BS. Some people are going to lose out, if we ever work out a coordinated immigration policy; but keeping people in excessive fear seem to give Trump a hard on. Pathetic for a supposedly first world nation.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Exactly - effing ridiculous BS. Some people are going to lose out, if we ever work out a coordinated immigration policy; but keeping people in excessive fear seem to give Trump a hard on. Pathetic for a supposedly first world nation.

What would people expect from somebody who literally said that real power is fear? Trump's powers of positive persuasion are pretty limited.

Reactions: Ajay

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
to the best of my knowledge, she is here legally. If you have some proof that shows she is here, today, illegally, then please provide it.

But I have to assume you are referring to the 6-7 weeks of work she did under a tourist/visitor visa prior to receiving her H1-B. Yes, that 6 or 7 week period where she did get paid was in violation of her then visa. She was not here illegally, but she did violate her visa. So I am unclear how that today makes her here in this country illegally.

I suppose a case could be made about false statements and such but I doubt after over 20 years anyone really cares.

Such hypocrisy after what this administration is doing to people who haven't done anything wrong for 20+ years and are still being deported.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Dump cares when his ICE gestapo deports green card holders for traffic violations twenty years ago.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Let us not forget that Malaria's parents are here in the United States because of "chain migration", the very thing that done he claims he wants to end. If he wants to get really serious about it, those should be the first two deported.

As an aside, did you know that Donny is only three months older than his own mother-in-law? He really IS old enough to be her father.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Pathetic for a supposedly first world nation.

Well, Trump and his administration are gonna fix that with his base cheering them on while they do it.

I just haven't figured out whether they'll consider it a win when brown people (or any people) want to come to America any more and the only allies she has are communist, authoritarian, dictator countries. I suppose their food rations and the murder of journalists, dissenters, people that don't look like them or think like them will be a consolation... ya know, until it's their spouse, child, parent, loved one's in general but then, the dead will likely have had it coming to them so... Still winning?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Maybe if he sacrificed his cock? Try that.

Peter Fonda For President!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/peter-fonda-baron-trump-secret-service/index.html

Secret Service notified after Peter Fonda's obscene tweet about Barron Trump

The United States Secret Service has been alerted in response to a tweet by actor Peter Fonda, who said Barron Trump -- President Donald Trump's youngest son -- should be separated from his mother and put "in a cage with pedophiles."
"We should rip Barron Trump from his mother's arms and put him in a cage with pedophiles and see if mother will will stand up against the giant a--hole she is married to. 90 million people in the streets on the same weekend in the country. F---," Fonda wrote in a tweet, which has since been deleted.
First lady Melania Trump's communications director, Stephanie Grisham, called the tweet "sick and irresponsible," adding that the Secret Service has been notified. A Secret Service spokesman said the agency is aware of the tweet but declined to comment, citing the agency's practice of not speaking about protective matters.
The President's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., weighed in on Twitter as well.
"You're clearly a sick individual and everyone is an internet bada-- but rather than attack an 11 year old like a bully and a coward why don't you pick on someone a bit bigger. LMK," Trump Jr. tweeted, using the shorthand Internet term for "let me know."
The tweets come as the Trump administration has faced heightened pressure over its US immigration policies, which in some instances have resulted in the separation of undocumented children from their families.
Fonda later apologized for his tweet.
"I tweeted something highly inappropriate and vulgar about the president and his family in response to the devastating images I was seeing on television," he said in a statement. "Like many Americans, I am very impassioned and distraught over the situation with children separated from their families at the border, but I went way too far. It was wrong and I should not have done it. I immediately regretted it and sincerely apologize to the family for what I said and any hurt my words have caused."
On Wednesday, the President said he would take "pre-emptive" action soon while members of Congress work to address the situation. He later signed an executive order declaring it is his administration's policy to "maintain family unity," including by detaining entire families together "where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources."

I guess that shoe may fit, but don't look too good on the other foot.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/peter-fonda-baron-trump-secret-service/index.html

The United States Secret Service has been alerted in response to a tweet by actor Peter Fonda, who said Barron Trump -- President Donald Trump's youngest son -- should be separated from his mother and put "in a cage with pedophiles."
"We should rip Barron Trump from his mother's arms and put him in a cage with pedophiles and see if mother will will stand up against the giant a--hole she is married to. 90 million people in the streets on the same weekend in the country. F---," Fonda wrote in a tweet, which has since been deleted.
First lady Melania Trump's communications director, Stephanie Grisham, called the tweet "sick and irresponsible," adding that the Secret Service has been notified. A Secret Service spokesman said the agency is aware of the tweet but declined to comment, citing the agency's practice of not speaking about protective matters.
"You're clearly a sick individual and everyone is an internet bada-- but rather than attack an 11 year old like a bully and a coward why don't you pick on someone a bit bigger. LMK," Trump Jr. tweeted, using the shorthand Internet term for "let me know."
The tweets come as the Trump administration has faced heightened pressure over its US immigration policies, which in some instances have resulted in the separation of undocumented children from their families.
"I tweeted something highly inappropriate and vulgar about the president and his family in response to the devastating images I was seeing on television," he said in a statement. "Like many Americans, I am very impassioned and distraught over the situation with children separated from their families at the border, but I went way too far. It was wrong and I should not have done it. I immediately regretted it and sincerely apologize to the family for what I said and any hurt my words have caused."
On Wednesday, the President said he would take "pre-emptive" action soon while members of Congress work to address the situation. He later signed an executive order declaring it is his administration's policy to "maintain family unity," including by detaining entire families together "where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources."

Apparently, effective. Seems to have hit a nerve.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Terrible thing to say, far worse to do... Which Trump had actually done with his family separation policy. Kids have been abused and molested by older teens while locked up in Trump's baby cages.

So DJTJr can STFU

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

I'd be alright with throwing her in the cage with him. /s

This policy is a human rights violation. Peter Fonda is less sick for tweeting words than the fu*ks who came up with no tolerance that allows them to rip children from their families and subjecting them to abuse, sexual abuse, psychological abuse, drugging, neglect and the trauma of being separated from their families. Jesus Christ those mother fu*kers are so sick and depraved. They get no ground for righteous indignation. If you don't want verbal "threats" of separating and throwing a child of an immigrant parent in a cage to be lobbed (even the president's child, maybe even especially his fu*king child!) don't fu*king throw children in cages! God damn mother Fu*king, evil, criminal, corrupt, traitorous, human rights violating, pieces of shit!

I don't think he should have said this but first and foremost and MORE IMPORTANTLY no child should have ever been thrown in to a cage to begin with! The outrage is COMPLETELY justified! I hate this "president" and his Administration!

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Now the idiot is using the fact that he voted for Trump to curry favor to see if he can get an exception. He doesn't understand how having a bushel of cash would probably really fix the situation. Everything is transactional with this admin.
But the emoluments....:p