Use for a Tesla K20?

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hey all,
Since I don't rightly know where to put this, I figured this is the closest place lol

Anyhow, I have a couple Tesla K20's I don't really know what to do with. I more or less inherited them. Are they any good for consumer-type stuff?

Sanx in advance,
Blah-Toe

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Is that the coupe or the sedan? Or the SUV?

Ok ok, I'll quit with the silly. I would bet a small sum of money that at least SETI and Folding@home would have applications for them, perhaps other projects as well. The double precision spec is impressive...but it was impressive on the Titan as well, and I couldn't find any project to take advantage of it.

I'd say sell your inheritance on ebay. ;) You're looking at $800+ each after fees, more depending on your salesmanship.

Last edited:

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I'm building up a server at work with 4 Tesla K40s (for a customer) also curious about ways to burn in test the cards while doing something productive (not just a stress test)

kowalabearhugs

Sep 19, 2010
www.mattkowal.net
Primegrid is one of the projects that is quick to adopt new instruction sets and as a result their apps are some of the most intensive on BOINC. For the GPUs try GFN-20, GFN-21, GFN-22

Similar to some Primegrid apps, Einstein@home requires the double precision floating point capability of the Tesla cards. The Binary Radio Pulsar Search work-units are known to put a lot of stress on the GPU memory bus.

Both projects support Linux or Windows. Check the full list of BOINC projects for more options. Do note that at least in the case of the Primegrid work-units the computation time is likely 12-48 hours.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Is that the coupe or the sedan? Or the SUV?

Ok ok, I'll quit with the silly. I would bet a small sum of money that at least SETI and Folding@home would have applications for them, perhaps other projects as well. The double precision spec is impressive...but it was impressive on the Titan as well, and I couldn't find any project to take advantage of it.

I'd say sell your inheritance on ebay. ;) You're looking at $800+ each after fees, more depending on your salesmanship.

Yoinks! I had no idea that much.........hmmmmm....I may have to actually open an ebay account then lol (yeah, I've never had one)

Thanx for the info folks :)