USB Remotely

SmartManor

Jun 9, 2019
Hi all

Hope you're able to help.

I want to be able to set up to access a PC (possibly PS4 in the future) using USB components in different places around the house whilst the PC resides in the loft.

So I need the ability to have a 3 or 4 port USB hub in 3 locations (in order to plug in the USB components for wireless keyboard, controller and headphones) but which are too far apart for the wireless signal to transmit. Happy to move the 3 components as can't see a way around that. Ideally a 4th is for easy loading of a thumb drive. For 1 of them I have an Asus Rog monitor with built in USB hub, so hoping I can just convert each end.

They'd then need to be sent via network cable to the loft - 40-50metres from furthest location and converted back to plug into the pc, but as multiple locations I imagine that'd need to be a hub too.

Are there any products which convert from multiple USB to network direct (seen lots of adaptors but they seem to be adding network points rather than for use by them). Equally can you daisy-chain these sort of things as lots of converting/uncoverting. The controller is for gaming, so response time is very important.

Need to put the PC in the loft for the Matrix system, as very difficult location to run HDMI fibre from the office to the matrix (want to be able to do 4k gaming on lounge TV)