USB digital voice recorder.

vtohthree

Apr 18, 2005
I posted in general hardware but I don't think the people liked it and for whatever reason
no one posted or responded. So... I'm coming here to ask you guys, if you don't mind.
I did a search for this already and didn't find one that quite fit the description.

"As you the title reads, I am of course looking for a USB voice recorder, that is a must.
I did some research of course(wouldn't post without doing it), and I like the Olympus, haha, nothing against Sony or other brands, but I will stick with them unless there is better "bang for buck" .... but it comes to these: DS-2, VN-960PC, DM-20, and WS-200S.

Basically it will be used for recording lectures and memo's. It must be USB, and it must have decent sound quality(which shouldn't be a problem nowadays). I don't need anything fancy, just something that'll do the job, thus it does not have to be expensive.

Does anyone have a particular recommendation or first hand experience, the DM-20 catches my eye because of its low price, but the DS-2 does have some nifty technology supposedly(DSS voice recording, and good LP time)? I'm open to other brands as well, but as long as it has the basic features listed and isn't more than $100(real price, retail is bs),the less the better. "

thanks in advance, for sharing, etc.

vtohthree

Apr 18, 2005
dang it, lol... not one person in this high tech forum have experience with this field?

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
You do know that lecture material is property of the institution you are attending, and thus by copying they you are engaging in copyright infringement.

Most schools don't allow it... ... but I'm just being a dick, I really have nothing constructive to add to this.. :D

--Mark

vtohthree

Apr 18, 2005
Ok... of course I know that, to be frank, this will be used for my father, to record himself at his own lectures. So he can replay it and review himself. Now can you say something pertaining to the subject please?

So your dick comment has no place here. No hate though, just annoyed, as you can imagine
that I haven't recieved much feedback

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: vtohthree
ordered a WS-200S for 102.45 shipped from Yesmicro

Should have gotten an mp3 player with a voice recorder built in.

vtohthree

Apr 18, 2005
I discussed this with someone else in another forum, I don't need one with mp3 music playback, this will be strictly used for voice recording. My father, is an old man who does not care to listen to much music, haha. Thus quality for a specific function(has stereo recording), rather than multifunction with less quality voice recording.