Status
Not open for further replies.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/LC23Df03.html

"A spy unsettles US-India ties"
By M K Bhadrakumar

"News that the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had reached a plea bargain with David Coleman Headley, who played a key role in the planning of the terrorist strike in Mumbai in November 2008 in which 166 people were killed, has caused an uproar in India.

The deal enables the US government to hold back from formally producing any evidence against Headley in a court of law that might have included details of his links with US intelligence or oblige any cross-examination of Headley by the prosecution.

Nor can the families of the 166 victims be represented by a lawyer to question Headley during his trial commencing in Chicago. Headley's links with the US intelligence will now remain classified information and the Pakistani nationals involved in the Mumbai attacks will get away scot-free. Furthermore, the FBI will not allow Headley's extradition to India and will restrict access so that Indian agencies cannot interrogate him regarding his links with US and Pakistani intelligence."

Cliff's - David Headley was a US government employee, aka a paid informant. He worked on the Mumbai attack for several years. Through him, the US government had extensive foreknowledge of the attacks.

al981

Golden Member
May 28, 2009
the asia times and india are obviously a bunch of crackpot "conspiracy theorists". mumbai "truthers" have no leg to stand on, just like jfk and 9/11 truthers. nothing to see here. ;)

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Last edited:

al981

Golden Member
May 28, 2009
why do you hate america? there are no such things as conspiracies or coverups here.

al981

Golden Member
May 28, 2009
the coincidence nutjobs on this forum seem to be quiet about the fact the grand ole USA USA USA is protecting and harboring a terrorist.

wut.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
It seems to me like if you're going to go around accusing someone of having links to US intelligence, producing some proof might be a good idea...

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If those media outlets maintain the *cough* stringent and fine standards as the main stream media here in the US, you can count on all this being factual :p

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/26/world/asia/26pstan.html?scp=2&sq=david%20headley&st=cse

"American Terror Suspect Traveled Unimpeded"
By JANE PERLEZ

"ISLAMABAD, Pakistan An American charged with helping plan the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, moved effortlessly between the United States, Pakistan and India for nearly seven years, training at a militant camp in Pakistan on five occasions, according to a plea agreement released by the Justice Department last week.

The odyssey of David C. Headley, 49, included scouting targets in several cities in India and meeting with a senior operative of Al Qaeda in Pakistans tribal areas. These and other new details of Mr. Headleys activities, contained in the plea agreement, raise troubling questions about how an American citizen could travel for so long undetected from his home base in Chicago to well-established terrorist training camps in Pakistan. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/20/us/20iht-terror.html?scp=4&sq=david headley&st=cse

"American Pleads Guilty to Aiding Mumbai Attacks"

"A Chicago man has admitted in an American court that he scouted out Mumbai for the 2008 terrorist attacks that left more than 160 people dead and that he plotted an attack on a Danish newspaper over cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

David Coleman Headley, a 49-year-old U.S. citizen, pleaded guilty Thursday in U.S. District Court here to all 12 counts he faced. His lawyer said Mr. Headley had provided significant help to the United States and aided other countriessince his arrest."

more @ WashPost, but you have to sign up to see the whole articles.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/NewsSearch?st=david headley&

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I am not prelude to the status of our relationship with India. I know they share many of our "values," ie Democracy, Freedom of Religion, etc. (their caste system complicates some of these values).

But, I know we are allies with their sworn enemy, Pakistan. I assume that our relationship with Pakistan is much stronger than our relationship with India? Is there going to be a time when we have to "pick" India or Pakistan in regards to who we want to be friends with or will the status quo last?

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
But, I know we are allies with their sworn enemy, Pakistan. I assume that our relationship with Pakistan is much stronger than our relationship with India? Is there going to be a time when we have to "pick" India or Pakistan in regards to who we want to be friends with or will the status quo last?

the CIA has a very close relationship with the ISI. in the mid '00's, the CIA hand-picked one of the ISI directors.

the US also has a strong relationship with India. US companies have set up divisions all over India. the proverbial call centers, etc.

so the US has a strong political relationship with Pakistan, which helps the US & Israel play the "War on Terror - be very afraid" Bogeyman. on the other hand, the US has a very strong commercial relationship with India.

i don't know who the US would pick. i think they might try to play both sides, as they did so often during the Cold War.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
so the US has a strong political relationship with Pakistan, which helps the US & Israel play the "War on Terror - be very afraid" Bogeyman. on the other hand, the US has a very strong commercial relationship with India.

What? Israel is a natural ally of India, and hated by Pakistan. Only because the USA demanded it did Israel "chip" in during the soviet invasion.

But Israel has trained, and from what I understand, even led counter-terror operations inside Pakistan with Indian special forces.

Pakistan is a prime sponsor of terror. Our support for the Muslim cesspool, while shitting on the hindus...is certainly confusing. what do we have to gain by supporting Pakistan?

American-made weapons we have gifted the Pakistani military have been found in the hands of the Taliban.

Where is the outrage? 100,000+ hindus have been murdered by Pakistani-sponsored terror groups, and we've done nothing about it. India has every right to hate our guts, and if I was India I'd hate America to.

We're assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.