US Government Suspended Limits on The Amount of Mercury in H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine

newsguru

Banned
Sep 26, 2009
Washington : Recently we reported about Australians among the first to get "swine flu" vaccine which containing 50 ug mercury.

And now Washington health officials have temporarily suspended limits on the amount of mercury allowed in the upcoming H1N1 influenza vaccine for pregnant women and children younger than 3 years old. MORE

---

Thanks for spamming. Good bye.

Harvey
Senior Anandtech Moderator

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
The first antimicrobial agents used were heavy metals, since we can somewhat tolerate them but bacteria die from exposure. Let's not forget that EVERY medication we take has serious complications associated with them and that most antibiotics are usually slightly harmful. Hell, Nitroprusside a blood pressure drug releases cyanide in your body. Freaking ibuprofen becomes a horrid metabolite if you have too much, and we have no idea how acetametaphin (tylenol) works in our body.

You are just one of the many that think medicines are magical.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
The government is just trying to give our kids a H(u)g with their vaccine. What's wrong with that?

Dec 10, 2005
What a loaded question!

You eat tuna? Because that has tons more mercury (and the more dangerous kind - methylmercury) than a vaccine would have.

And the only vaccines that generally have thiomersal (which breaks down to ethylmercury and leaves the body fairly rapidly) are those that are multi-dose vials. Almost all vaccines in the US come in single-dose vials/syringes, and thus have different preservatives.

PS
Nice link to a censored site - must be real legit if it had to be spammed and subsequently censored here.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'll remember to stop at just one shot. (wasn't planning on getting it anyway, but if I do...)

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
I love mercury! It's a great toy for kids, I give my grandkids vials of the stuff to play with when they visit.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
I love mercury! It's a great toy for kids, I give my grandkids vials of the stuff to play with when they visit.

Zensal

Jan 18, 2005
While mercury is by no means good for you, it's better then death. Maybe that's just my view though.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Zensal
While mercury is by no means good for you, it's better then death. Maybe that's just my view though.

Enjoy your mercury poisoning.

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
Originally posted by: v1001
That's f'ed up. There is no safe level of mercury. It's so insanely dangerous. You get trace amounts here, trace amounts there. It builds up over time. And it goes right to the brain too. Takes a very long time to go away. It's funny how people don't trust the government for anything but when it comes to health "Oh ok no problem it must be totally safe the government says so!". At the very least do some research and then decide if the risk is worth it to you.

this guys right. I trust the spammer who signed up here (and 100 other forums) to post this retarded message for some reason. DONT BE SHEEP PAEOPLE

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
That's f'ed up. There is no safe level of mercury. It's so insanely dangerous. You get trace amounts here, trace amounts there. It builds up over time. And it goes right to the brain too. Takes a very long time to go away. It's funny how people don't trust the government for anything but when it comes to health "Oh ok no problem it must be totally safe the government says so!". At the very least do some research and then decide if the risk is worth it to you.

As a member of the medical community I am going to go on a limb here and say the risk of ill effects from mercury exposure from the vaccine is significantly outweighed by the benefit of being vaccinated.

Oct 27, 2007
Holy loaded question, Batman! Methylmercury is very, very bad for your health. Vaccines never contained methylmercury and the entire debate is nothing but a red herring from the anti-medicine quacks. Vaccines contain ethylmercury, for which no negative health effects are associated.

Oct 27, 2007

Get a fucking clue. Seriously, don't come back to any discussion about mercury and vaccines EVER until you have read just some preliminary articles. You're making a fool of yourself, like all of the other antivaxers.

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
They tested drugs on us Australians, before they use them in America?

I feel used, like a woman

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
In related News: XRays contain Radiation and a new study reveals that some Cancer Treatments contain Radiation as well.