US election: Trump accepts Barack Obama was born in US

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Oh look, a "Major Anounncement".

Everyone can relax now, he has this one under control :relieved:

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37381452

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...bama-was-born-in-the-united-states?int=a14709

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN11M1F3

But then in the next breath it was wicked Hillary that started it and he has the problem corrected now :p

This election needs hip boots to wade through it.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-16/birthers-say-trump-statement-doesnt-matter

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Oh look, a "Major Anounncement".

Everyone can relax now, he has this one under control :relieved:

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37381452

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...bama-was-born-in-the-united-states?int=a14709

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN11M1F3

But then in the next breath it was wicked Hillary that started it and he has the problem corrected now :p

This election needs hip boots to wade through it.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-16/birthers-say-trump-statement-doesnt-matter
Screw hip boots, best to find high ground and wait it out. Not much is going to change no matter who wins anyway.

Reactions: MongGrel

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
So Killary is,starting to fall behind in the poles, so what do the democrats do they bring up the birther issue. So Trump steps up and states the clear facts of the birther issue and the libral news goes nuts. It's plan and simple it's water under the bridge the Clinton's attempted to make it an issue years ago get over it. Killary try to win on the issues we know you can't win on the truth and so do the american people.

Feb 16, 2005
So Killary is,starting to fall behind in the poles, so what do the democrats do they bring up the birther issue. So Trump steps up and states the clear facts of the birther issue and the libral news goes nuts. It's plan and simple it's water under the bridge the Clinton's attempted to make it an issue years ago get over it. Killary try to win on the issues we know you can't win on the truth and so do the american people.

bullshit. pure 100% unadulterated bullshit.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/politics/donald-trump-birther-obama.html?_r=0
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...le-main_trump-1145am:homepage/story&tid=a_inl
In his brief statement — little more than 30 seconds — the Republican nominee also blamed Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for starting "birther" rumors during the 2008 primary against Obama, but there is no factual basis for that claim.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on-presidential-campaign-birtherism/90471868/

but keep sucking on that drumpf teet.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Trump is about 4 points down in the polls again overall, if you are really into trusting polls.

If you have even been reading links on the forums here you would know it was not Hillary that ever started that one in any way, shape or form.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I see real problems for the democrats.
They have been too focused on attacking Trump, which he deserves to be attacked no question about that, but this is not the way we win elections.
And it does make Hillary and Obama look as if they only have attacks to offer with offering no vision on how a Hillary Clinton presidency would work.
You can't just attack the other guy without also offering a positive vision why she should be elected. That one sided attack always fails. And too often democrats have failed because they can attack quite well, but never offer anything positive vision on how they would run the country.

I'm trying to say, this continuous attacking Trump is never going to win democrats the Whitehouse. Hillary does this and Obama has been doing this.
And Obama makes good points why not to vote Trump, but Obama fails in making the case for Hillary.
It makes democrats and Hillary and Obama look desperate, look like losers, and worst of all it focuses all their attention upon Trump. As they say in the Hollywood, even bad news is good news as long as it keeps you in the news.
It seems petty for Hillary to even utter Trump's name when she should be talking about other democrats in other close races, and not keep harping on the name of Donald Trump.

It will be interesting to see how the debate goes.
If all Hillary does is attack Trump, make him the focus of the debate because we know Trump will sling attacks at Hillary, but if all Hillary does is attack Trump and offer no positive vision of her own, then democrats are doomed to lose.
And this won't be the first time democrats have lost big time because they failed in offering a positive and clear vision on how they would do things if elected.
It's not looking too good....

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It just amazes me that Trump can come right out and tell his supporters that he's been outright lying to them for 6 years, but it's still Hillary's fault.
I need to find some of these Trumpers and talk to them about this bridge I have for sale..

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I see real problems for the democrats.
They have been too focused on attacking Trump, which he deserves to be attacked no question about that, but this is not the way we win elections.
And it does make Hillary and Obama look as if they only have attacks to offer with offering no vision on how a Hillary Clinton presidency would work.
You can't just attack the other guy without also offering a positive vision why she should be elected. That one sided attack always fails. And too often democrats have failed because they can attack quite well, but never offer anything positive vision on how they would run the country.

I'm trying to say, this continuous attacking Trump is never going to win democrats the Whitehouse. Hillary does this and Obama has been doing this.
And Obama makes good points why not to vote Trump, but Obama fails in making the case for Hillary.
It makes democrats and Hillary and Obama look desperate, look like losers, and worst of all it focuses all their attention upon Trump. As they say in the Hollywood, even bad news is good news as long as it keeps you in the news.
It seems petty for Hillary to even utter Trump's name when she should be talking about other democrats in other close races, and not keep harping on the name of Donald Trump.

It will be interesting to see how the debate goes.
If all Hillary does is attack Trump, make him the focus of the debate because we know Trump will sling attacks at Hillary, but if all Hillary does is attack Trump and offer no positive vision of her own, then democrats are doomed to lose.
And this won't be the first time democrats have lost big time because they failed in offering a positive and clear vision on how they would do things if elected.
It's not looking too good....

You seem to be living in some alternate universe, I've never responded to your posts before.

Trump has been the one slinging insults and attacking people since the campaign cycle started to begin with in the primaries.

Democrats have been sitting back waiting to see if he is going to fall on his own sword of stick his foot in his mouth too far to recover from while not saying much a long time now.

Trump continues to run his mouth and flip flops all over, not that his supporters will care much.

Waiting on the debates myself.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
It just amazes me that Trump can come right out and tell his supporters that he's been outright lying to them for 6 years, but it's still Hillary's fault.
I need to find some of these Trumpers and talk to them about this bridge I have for sale..

Pretty perplexing, isn't it.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I don't know why people are expecting or care about an apology. Has Clinton once apologized for something she said or did without either 1) being called out on it (e.g. "Bring them to heel") or 2) doing so to switch a political position (e.g. her initial support of the Iraq War)? How many politicians do that period?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I don't know why people are expecting or care about an apology. Has Clinton once apologized for something she said or did without either 1) being called out on it (e.g. "Bring them to heel") or 2) doing so to switch a political position (e.g. her initial support of the Iraq War)? How many politicians do that period?

WTF would Hillary make an apology regarding Obama to begin with.

You still do not seem to get it.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
You seem to be living in some alternate universe, I've never responded to your posts before.

Trump has been the one slinging insults and attacking people since the campaign cycle started to begin with in the primaries.

Democrats have been sitting back waiting to see if he is going to fall on his own sword of stick his foot in his mouth too far to recover from while not saying much a long time now.

Trump continues to run his mouth and flip flops all over, not that his supporters will care much.

Waiting on the debates myself.

You kind of made my point.
Trump is the one slinging the insults, but Trump gets away with this.
He always has and it appears he always will.
We all know how Trump is, what he does and how he operates, and he is constantly given a pass. And his supporters, the Trumpers, they will never hold their guy Donald accountable.

Add to that, Trump has this talent of when he is caught in a lie, Trump turns it around to deflect the blame onto others.
And holy shet, he gets away with this. Time after time.

Then we have the "normal" people and the media trying to logically decipher all this, all this nonsense from Trump, and what they fail to understand... you can't.
When you have a nut job spewing his nonsense, you can't challenge them.
Why?
Because you can not reason with a nut case.
And before you know it, the media is acting like anything Trump does or says is somehow a miracle of intelligant insight.
It's nuts. And that is what we are dealing with, a nut. And for Hillary to argue with the nut, or for Obama to argue with the nut makes them look a little nutty themselves.
And that is why democrats are in trouble when this election should be a complete blowout favoring democrats, but the conversation is always about Donald Trump. Always....

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You kind of made my point.
Trump is the one slinging the insults, but Trump gets away with this.
He always has and it appears he always will.
We all know how Trump is, what he does and how he operates, and he is constantly given a pass. And his supporters, the Trumpers, they will never hold their guy Donald accountable.

Add to that, Trump has this talent of when he is caught in a lie, Trump turns it around to deflect the blame onto others.
And holy shet, he gets away with this. Time after time.

Then we have the "normal" people and the media trying to logically decipher all this, all this nonsense from Trump, and what they fail to understand... you can't.
When you have a nut job spewing his nonsense, you can't challenge them.
Why?
Because you can not reason with a nut case.
And before you know it, the media is acting like anything Trump does or says is somehow a miracle of intelligant insight.
It's nuts. And that is what we are dealing with, a nut. And for Hillary to argue with the nut, or for Obama to argue with the nut makes them look a little nutty themselves.
And that is why democrats are in trouble when this election should be a complete blowout favoring democrats, but the conversation is always about Donald Trump. Always....

I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything in your previous post.

They tend to be a bit long and a bit hard to decipher on my end to be honest.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
WTF would Hillary make an apology for regarding Obama to begin with.

You still do not seem to get it.

Where did I mention Obama? I never said she owes him an apology. I'm saying that a politician's apology is usually worth jack shit. Offer me a self-serving apology or a non-apology and I'm ambivalent between taking either. I'd actually like to see a really compelling apology issued by anyone on political office, off the top of my head I can't think of one, although I'd imagine there have been a few over the course of human history.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Where did I mention Obama? I never said she owes him an apology. I'm saying that a politician's apology is usually worth jack shit. Offer me a self-serving apology or a non-apology and I'm ambivalent between taking either. I'd actually like to see a really compelling apology issued by anyone on political office, off the top of my head I can't think of one, although I'd imagine there have been a few over the course of human history.

You seem to be way, way off topic then.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

No, it's on-topic being that several people above seem absolutely SHOCKED and disgusted that Donald Trump didn't issue a apology. It's a meaningless standard and I'm wondering why they care.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Sounds peachy, but Trump tries to make it sound like he was doing Obama a favor by thwarting the machinations of the evil Hillary rather than spreading FUD about Obama.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

Probably so. The link I was making was not very direct.
I was pointing out that for this birther thing to be re-hashed over and over by democrats only gave Trump more attention. And Trump loves the attention good or bad.
Democrats, Obama, Hillary started up this birther thing lately and that was a mistake.
It gave Trump, once again, the ability to take the lie he had started and turn it around deflecting it back onto Hillary.
And now we have the media wasting valuable time by digging thru old files looking to see what Hillary actually said about Obama way back pre 2008, all while Trump sits back laughing his ass off.

I know exactly what happened with Trump.
Trump's new campaign manager Kellyanne Conway was a little concerned this re-hashing of the birther thing might hurt Trump, so she went to Trump and told Donald he needed to do a little housekeeping here.
Kellyanne Conway told Donald he needed to say in public that he now believes Obama was American born, even if Trump doesn't really believe that, and then say noting more.
So Trump did exactly that, and that was that.
And once again, Trump gets away with this and given still another pass while the media focuses back onto Hillary. Did she start the birther thing, they will now ask. Forgetting and ignoring the fact it was Donald that pushed this lie year after year.
Trump is off the hook, and people are back to wonder if Hillary can be trusted.
Brilliant Donald. Brilliant Kellyanne Conway. Bad news for democrats proving they can be duped, controlled and screwed with over and over by this con artist.

Last edited: