kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yeah, I love living in Balmer...
rolleye.gif

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Well, the defendant he was prosecuting in the case today pleaded guilty, so it doesn't look too likely that it was related to that case.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: miguel
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Another needless casualty of the WoD.

If only drugs were legal! We'd have more of this!

This could have happened if he was drunk too. Should we ban alcohol?

PCP and alcohol are waaaaaay different.

Yeah, because no drunks ever passed out in parking lots or became belligerent.
rolleye.gif

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
rolleye.gif

Are you seriously going to argue about the effects of alcohol vs. the effects of a drug like pcp? WTF is your problem?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
rolleye.gif

Are you seriously going to argue about the effects of alcohol vs. the effects of a drug like pcp? WTF is your problem?

Are you going to argue that this same thing might have happened if someone was drunk? So why not outlaw alcohol?
You are saying criminalizing drugs is preventing cases like this (even though it occured while drugs are criminalized), so why not criminalize alcohol too and prevent even more cases?

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
rolleye.gif

Are you going to argue that this same thing might have happened if someone was drunk? So why not outlaw alcohol?
You are saying criminalizing drugs is preventing cases like this (even though it occured while drugs are criminalized), so why not criminalize alcohol too and prevent even more cases?

No, someone drunk would not have super-human strength. People on PCP have been known to break their own bones while they rip handcuffs in two. Someone drunk would probably fall to the ground if you shine a flashlight in their eyes.

Criminalizing drugs has nothing to do with this. Legalizing drugs would have more people behaving like our 400-lb friend.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
rolleye.gif

No, someone drunk would not have super-human strength. People on PCP have been known to break their own bones while they rip handcuffs in two. Someone drunk would probably fall to the ground if you shine a flashlight in their eyes.

Criminalizing drugs has nothing to do with this. Legalizing drugs would have more people behaving like our 400-lb friend.

I didn't see displays of super-human strength in that video. I might have missed it though. Maybe you need super-human vision to see it :D
There is nothing this guy did that a drunk could not have done. So by your logic, we should ban alcohol too, because someone using it occasionally behaves badly or passes out in odd places.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Look, this guy was not "behaving badly" - he was fighting with MANY POLICE OFFICERS at the same time. Geez! Do you really not comprehend the differences? Or are you just being an @ss?

Look, if I have to explain PCP to you, I'm afraid it's no use discussing it further. And besides, you don't even digest what you read, you just go right back to "duuuh, ban alcohol too!"
rolleye.gif

EDIT: Judging from your other posts, my guess is you are just being an @ss.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Drunk people don't fight or resist arrest? I am not sure where you are going with this, but I wish you a safe voyage ;)

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
PCP and alcohol are waaaaaay different.
You are quite right . . . alcohol is a terrible blight on society while PCP (hell all hallucinogens together) is merely a societal wart . . . albeit a damn ugly wart if it's yours.

Even people on PCP do not have superhuman strength. They just fail to respond to normal physiological cues that keep us from doing serious damage to ourselves. Neither alcohol nor PCP is required for such events. I've torn my right ACL twice. The first time I was hit by someone else (football). The second time my quads merely generated more force than the ligament would tolerate (basketball). Any drug that distorts thought (alcohol/PCP) or distorts sensation (alcohol/PCP) increases the risk of physical injury.

Alcohol has one benefit relative to PCP; it's a sedative. Accordingly, if you drink enough you are likely to fall asleep/pass out. Unfortunately, if you drink too much you can induce permanent brain injury or suppress respiratory drive to the point you stop breathing . . . that's typically fatal. :Q Deaths from hallucinogen use is fortunately quite rare. Mortality (and general societal expense) from alcohol use/abuse is a pandemic.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I wonder how long before someone links this to bush?
You think Busg did it?? ;)

Well Clinton had Vince Foster killed so it isn't that big of a stretch.

Prove it!
:disgust:

He can't. But on the bright side for some people - Bush(and Foster's family and probably the Clintons) is against some guy who is suing to gain access to the photo's taken of Foster. The guy seems to think that it wasn't suicide and that the pictures prove it. I don't much care about it anymore as it would be hard to prove that there was a conspiracy to cover up a murder. It doesn't look good, but there isn't enough info available to prove it wasn't suicide.

CkG

PS - for those of you keeping score - yes that was ME - CkG - defending Clinton:Q My account has not been hijacked;)