• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

US Army says Saddam Airport occupied, 320 Iraqi soldiers killed

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
18,191
1
0
From a Middle Eastern news source so the Iraqi dead may be seriously inflated??


US Army says Saddam Airport occupied, 320 Iraqi soldiers killed
04-04-2003, 04:56


U.S. infantry occupied part of Baghdad's airport Friday and sealed the entrance closest to the capital. The U.S. military said 320 Iraqi foot soldiers had been killed so far in fighting for control of Saddam International Airport.
Gunshots were heard from inside, and it was unclear how many Iraqi troops remained in the airport, about 16 KMs southwest of central Baghdad.

Combat patrols were moving through the area, which has numerous military and civilian buildings, Lt. Col. Scott Rutter, commander of the 7th Battalion of the 7th Infantry, told Associated Press Television News.

"What's happening ... is we basically occupied the airport," Rutter said as his forces blocked the airport entrance closest to the capital. He added a message to the people of Baghdad: "This is the first step possibly of many more ... We're here, and they can rise up and deal with the regime appropriately and (prevent) some future battle inside the city."

However, Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, suggested the airport was not completely under U.S. control. He told The Associated Press that it had seemed like U.S. forces had taken the airport, "and then it got more confusing" with continued fighting.

Myers also said Republican Guard divisions were moving around the outskirts of Baghdad to the east and west. (Albawaba.com)
http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=246186&lang=e&dir=news
 

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
17,033
1
81
Originally posted by: dahunan
From a Middle Eastern news source so the Iraqi dead may be seriously inflated??


US Army says Saddam Airport occupied, 320 Iraqi soldiers killed
04-04-2003, 04:56


U.S. infantry occupied part of Baghdad's airport Friday and sealed the entrance closest to the capital. The U.S. military said 320 Iraqi foot soldiers had been killed so far in fighting for control of Saddam International Airport.
Gunshots were heard from inside, and it was unclear how many Iraqi troops remained in the airport, about 16 KMs southwest of central Baghdad.

Combat patrols were moving through the area, which has numerous military and civilian buildings, Lt. Col. Scott Rutter, commander of the 7th Battalion of the 7th Infantry, told Associated Press Television News.

"What's happening ... is we basically occupied the airport," Rutter said as his forces blocked the airport entrance closest to the capital. He added a message to the people of Baghdad: "This is the first step possibly of many more ... We're here, and they can rise up and deal with the regime appropriately and (prevent) some future battle inside the city."

However, Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, suggested the airport was not completely under U.S. control. He told The Associated Press that it had seemed like U.S. forces had taken the airport, "and then it got more confusing" with continued fighting.

Myers also said Republican Guard divisions were moving around the outskirts of Baghdad to the east and west. (Albawaba.com)
http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=246186&lang=e&dir=news
I would not doubt the 320. Oreilly got an email from someone in the 3rd ID last night, claiming a conservative 10,000 Iraqi KIAs on the road the baghdad.

 

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
3,972
0
0
I would bet that close to a half of a million of the iraqi have been killed so far.

Bleep
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
2
0
Originally posted by: Bleep
I would bet that close to a half of a million of the iraqi have been killed so far.

Bleep
And that's based on what? And killed by whom?

BTW, from here:

For four hours, tanks and Bradley armoured vehicles tried to pick out soldiers and fighters from civilians watching the armoured column pass.

"They're running alongside us," Staff Sergeant Bryce Ivings shouted into the intercom.

"Fire, fire, kill them," said Captain Chris Carter, the commanding officer of Alpha Company. "Got it."

Then Sgt Ivings spotted another group of fighters. "He's got a weapon, oh ... there's civilians in the way, he's using these people as shields," Ivings said. He did not fire. [/quote]
 

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
3,850
0
0
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: dahunan
From a Middle Eastern news source so the Iraqi dead may be seriously inflated??


US Army says Saddam Airport occupied, 320 Iraqi soldiers killed
04-04-2003, 04:56


U.S. infantry occupied part of Baghdad's airport Friday and sealed the entrance closest to the capital. The U.S. military said 320 Iraqi foot soldiers had been killed so far in fighting for control of Saddam International Airport.
Gunshots were heard from inside, and it was unclear how many Iraqi troops remained in the airport, about 16 KMs southwest of central Baghdad.

Combat patrols were moving through the area, which has numerous military and civilian buildings, Lt. Col. Scott Rutter, commander of the 7th Battalion of the 7th Infantry, told Associated Press Television News.

"What's happening ... is we basically occupied the airport," Rutter said as his forces blocked the airport entrance closest to the capital. He added a message to the people of Baghdad: "This is the first step possibly of many more ... We're here, and they can rise up and deal with the regime appropriately and (prevent) some future battle inside the city."

However, Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, suggested the airport was not completely under U.S. control. He told The Associated Press that it had seemed like U.S. forces had taken the airport, "and then it got more confusing" with continued fighting.

Myers also said Republican Guard divisions were moving around the outskirts of Baghdad to the east and west. (Albawaba.com)
http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=246186&lang=e&dir=news
I would not doubt the 320. Oreilly got an email from someone in the 3rd ID last night, claiming a conservative 10,000 Iraqi KIAs on the road the baghdad.
If someone kills 10,000 dogs in the US, it will probably be a huge news, and the guy will probably be in the prison for the rest of his life.

But this administration kills 10,000 or more Iraqis and still hasn't get the story straight on why they are invading Iraq is getting away with it.

It's a sad day when human life is valued less then animal life, and people talks about 10,000 KIA as nothing big deal has happened.
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
2
0
Originally posted by: rchiu

If someone kills 10,000 dogs in the US, it will probably be a huge news, and the guy will probably be in the prison for the rest of his life.

But this administration kills 10,000 or more Iraqis and still hasn't get the story straight on why they are invading Iraq is getting away with it.

It's a sad day when human life is valued less then animal life, and people talks about 10,000 KIA as nothing big deal has happened.
That's because *most* people realize war is hell and death is a part of that. If Saddam gave up his throne, none of this would have had to happen.
 

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
19,435
84
91
Originally posted by: Bleep
I would bet that close to a half of a million of the iraqi have been killed so far.

Bleep
you could bet that, but you would lose.
 

Originally posted by: rchiu
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: dahunan
From a Middle Eastern news source so the Iraqi dead may be seriously inflated??


US Army says Saddam Airport occupied, 320 Iraqi soldiers killed
04-04-2003, 04:56


U.S. infantry occupied part of Baghdad's airport Friday and sealed the entrance closest to the capital. The U.S. military said 320 Iraqi foot soldiers had been killed so far in fighting for control of Saddam International Airport.
Gunshots were heard from inside, and it was unclear how many Iraqi troops remained in the airport, about 16 KMs southwest of central Baghdad.

Combat patrols were moving through the area, which has numerous military and civilian buildings, Lt. Col. Scott Rutter, commander of the 7th Battalion of the 7th Infantry, told Associated Press Television News.

"What's happening ... is we basically occupied the airport," Rutter said as his forces blocked the airport entrance closest to the capital. He added a message to the people of Baghdad: "This is the first step possibly of many more ... We're here, and they can rise up and deal with the regime appropriately and (prevent) some future battle inside the city."

However, Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, suggested the airport was not completely under U.S. control. He told The Associated Press that it had seemed like U.S. forces had taken the airport, "and then it got more confusing" with continued fighting.

Myers also said Republican Guard divisions were moving around the outskirts of Baghdad to the east and west. (Albawaba.com)
http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=246186?=e&dir=news
I would not doubt the 320. Oreilly got an email from someone in the 3rd ID last night, claiming a conservative 10,000 Iraqi KIAs on the road the baghdad.
If someone kills 10,000 dogs in the US, it will probably be a huge news, and the guy will probably be in the prison for the rest of his life.

But this administration kills 10,000 or more Iraqis and still hasn't get the story straight on why they are invading Iraq is getting away with it.

It's a sad day when human life is valued less then animal life, and people talks about 10,000 KIA as nothing big deal has happened.
when we go to war with a dog nation, it will no longer be criminal.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY