US and EU to Clash at G20 Summit: Who has the right approach?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: ElFenix
The US central bank's decision to pump $1.3 trillion into the economy has fuelled speculation in Brussels that the Americans have still not entirely put an end to their old fixation on growth.
i'm sorry, but growth is the only way to keep up standards of living when there are more people. it also increases the tax base, and thus taxes, without increasing the tax rate. why wouldn't you want to fixate on growth?

i think they are under the assumption that there is a tradeoff between growth and stability, which is to a degree true.

edit: after thinking for more than 5 seconds i think the over concern is resource use and developing technologies that are renewable and sustainable, which imo is something that we need to emphasize over the next 15 years or so.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
Stimulus and Regulation are both necessary. Seems to me the US has done well at Stimulus, but has been dragging its' feet on Regulation. Perhaps the EU can get them rolling on it.

agreed.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: freegeeks
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
I'd be wary of the European plan as just another agenda for them to enslave and colonize the entire world.

Canoshit and you are hilarious

Your ignorance would be amusing if the consequences were not so dire.

stop it, you are killing me!!!!

you and Canoshit should get your own talkshow

I already have a name "We Hate Europe"

I hate European Racism and the European Agenda to rape the world 100 times over time and time again. We are not going to stand by and let Europe rape the planet again.

LOL, you are such a tough guy.

and what the hell is the European agenda? do you also believe in UFO?

Whatever it is, rest assured the European Parliament is incapable of organizing it, and France wil probably veto it anyway :laugh:

Seriously though, you shouldn't reply, it only encourages them. The weird thing is they're both (I think) white Americans, who are presumably decended directly from colonial Europeans - if anything the people who left for the colonies were more 'colonial' than those who stayed. If they were Indian or something I'd have some sympathy, but most Indians you meet outside India are really nice people with a decent education, and would never spout such rubbish.

Aug 14, 2001
I'd be wary of the European plan as just another agenda for them to enslave and colonize the entire world.

I hate European Racism and the European Agenda to rape the world 100 times over time and time again. We are not going to stand by and let Europe rape the planet again.

LOL - you are so delusional. Typical.

I think that you should study some history so that you can understand the obvious European agenda.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Atheus

Whatever it is, rest assured the European Parliament is incapable of organizing it, and France wil probably veto it anyway :laugh:

Seriously though, you shouldn't reply, it only encourages them. The weird thing is they're both (I think) white Americans, who are presumably decended directly from colonial Europeans - if anything the people who left for the colonies were more 'colonial' than those who stayed. If they were Indian or something I'd have some sympathy, but most Indians you meet outside India are really nice people with a decent education, and would never spout such rubbish.

I am absolutely not descended from these colonialistic Europeans who raped and pillaged the entire world.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
I think that you should study some history so that you can understand the obvious European agenda.

Is it to create the perfect pork-and-bread based snack?

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
I am absolutely not descended from these colonialistic Europeans who raped and pillaged the entire world.

And of course, those who are, are responsible for the sins of their ancestors. Praise Jesus! :laugh:

/edit: Just out of interest who are you decended from?

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

Canoshit has Indian roots, I have no idea about Raboshit

both are mentally challenged

Aug 14, 2001

And of course, those who are, are responsible for the sins of their ancestors. Praise Jesus! :laugh:

/edit: Just out of interest who are you decended from?

We must be wary of their governments and their agendas.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005

Ah maybe that explains it. The Raj was a horrible thing but it's long past. You won't see me hating on the modern Germans no matter how many of my ancestors their ancestors killed.

Aug 14, 2001
If they were Indian or something I'd have some sympathy, but most Indians you meet outside India are really nice people with a decent education, and would never spout such rubbish.

Yeah, because those Indians in India are horrible people. :roll:

Typical Euro-supremacist response.

Aug 14, 2001

Ah maybe that explains it. The Raj was a horrible thing but it's long past. You won't see me hating on the modern Germans no matter how many of my ancestors their ancestors killed.

Yeah, it's so long ago. I mean, people aren't alive today that suffered under the British colonialism. No way. I mean the effects of British imperialist evil isn't felt anywhere today. Yeah.

:roll:

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
If they were Indian or something I'd have some sympathy, but most Indians you meet outside India are really nice people with a decent education, and would never spout such rubbish.

Errr, no, it's just that I've never been to India... my only reference is Indians visiting other parts of the world...

Is there something wrong with you? Do you have an anger problem?

Aug 14, 2001

Errr, no, it's just that I've never been to India... my only reference is Indians visiting other parts of the world...

Why do you think that I have an anger problem?

Such a typical euro-supremacist response...sigh.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

you are trying to have a discussion with a wacko

both him and Canoshit are consumed by this strange Euro-hatred. They can get away with it on this forum because it's fashionable to hate against Europeans.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

you need some mental help, that's for sure

or you need to get laid, that's also a possibility

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005

Because what you are saying can only be explained by an unconsidered angry reaction or a fairly severe delusion. Do you have a shrink? Have you said these things to him/her? Or I suppose it's possible you're actually a racist yourself. Do you have something against white people? I mean if you can find one quote in my entire history on this forum that justifies calling me 'euro-supremacist' I'll put it in my sig - it appears you're only judging me by my ancestry. Of course my actual ancestors were poor steel workers, and before that even poorer farmers, and had nothing to do with colonialism, but hey...

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
you are trying to have a discussion with a wacko

I know - I should have taken my own advice and never replied in the first place.

Aug 14, 2001
Because what you are saying can only be explained by an unconsidered angry reaction or a fairly severe delusion. Do you have a shrink? Have you said these things to him/her?

Why do you find my replies angry? Do you find non-European people to be dirty and angry?

Or I suppose it's possible you're actually a racist yourself. Do you have something against white people?

Typical. Are all white people European? Are all Europeans white?

I think that you should really sit down and reflect on your comments here. They show a lot about your character.

I mean if you can find one quote in my entire history on this forum that justifies calling me 'euro-supremacist' I'll put it in my sig - it appears you're only judging me by my ancestry. Of course my actual ancestors were poor steel workers, and before that even poorer farmers, and had nothing to do with colonialism, but hey...

You simply show the typical euro-supremacist mindset and responses. It's something that you don't understand because you're surrounded by it. It has consumed you. You think that it is normal.

I urge that you free yourself and look at what you have said in this thread.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Because what you are saying can only be explained by an unconsidered angry reaction or a fairly severe delusion. Do you have a shrink? Have you said these things to him/her?

Why do you find my replies angry? Do you find non-European people to be dirty and angry?

Or I suppose it's possible you're actually a racist yourself. Do you have something against white people?

I think that you should really sit down and reflect on your comments here. They show a lot about your character.

I mean if you can find one quote in my entire history on this forum that justifies calling me 'euro-supremacist' I'll put it in my sig - it appears you're only judging me by my ancestry. Of course my actual ancestors were poor steel workers, and before that even poorer farmers, and had nothing to do with colonialism, but hey...

You simply show the typical euro-supremacist mindset and responses. It's something that you don't understand because you're surrounded by it. It has consumed you. You think that it is normal.

I urge that you free yourself and look at what you have said in this thread.

I urge that you look for a shrink

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005

This is angry - it's massively insulting and there's no justification for it. You would only be insulting someone without justification if you were very angry, or as I said, delusional.

:confused: native European people, as opposed to people who live in Europe... yes... they're white... is there something wrong with that?

Do you think that you are normal? Do you have a shrink? I'm not joking it's a serious question. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
The Enron, AIG type of growth is proven to be bogus.

growth by cooking the books isn't really growth

Aug 14, 2001
This is angry - it's massively insulting and there's no justification for it. You would only be insulting someone without justification if you were very angry, or as I said, delusional.

That question was posed after you said that I was angry. Well, why do you feel that I'm angry while posting on an internet forum?

Perhaps you are insulted by my question because it is actually true?

:confused: native European people, as opposed to people who live in Europe... yes... they're white... is there something wrong with that?

Yup, typical response. Non-white people can never be European.

Do you think that you are normal? Do you have a shrink? I'm not joking it's a serious question. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Sadly, I think that your attitude and views are quite 'normal' in your society. Sigh.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
The Enron, AIG type of growth is proven to be bogus.

growth by cooking the books isn't really growth

that's my point, part of the growth that we have seen in the last 20 years is just bogus. It's looks nice for a country like Ireland or Iceland to have these amazing growth figures until you realise that a big part of it just bs. The same pretty much applies for all other Western countries.