UPS Sucks! Well, maybe not.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
I'm waitin for my 900NF and my Enermax 431 PS to come to my apartment:D. I get home expecting to see a huge box and a little box, but all I see is a little yellow piece of paper :( :| When I was living home, they would leave the packages if no one was home, but they can't do that at my apartment. Now I gotta pray they come after I get home from work(4pm)

Anyone else have a tough UPS/FedEx story?

Vincent

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
You can call UPS and have them hold the package for you to pick up at their local processing center.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
yeah, I know, but I'm like, what the hell did I pay for? I want that bad boy brought to my door. I'm not sure it'll fit in my car. That 19" monitor box is huge.

TheOverlord

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2000
had the same problem with my processor and ram i ordered once...

UPS kept leaving a note and they said if i wasnt there the third time they'd send it back...and this was at my house not an apartment...so i had to call and have them hold it then drive 40 miles to pick the damn box up myself...

Wizkid

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Can't you just sign a note telling them to leave it there?

That's what I always go.. it works for fedex, ups and purolator anyways ;)

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
I signed a yellow note yesterday, and they left another one saying that they are not allowed to leave packages at the door anymore. I don't know if that is a UPS policy or just one at my apartment.

sucks and doesn't suck at the same time. i once had $500 worth of software jacked from my front door. I got my money back b/c airborne express left the package w/o my permission.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
My yellow sheet says, "signature required." :(

Floyd

Nov 17, 1999
That's not as bad as Airborne Express. Compaq sent a replacement laptop last week, and Airborne claims to have attempted to deliver it several times and finally returned it to the factory. I never received a single note, phone call, or otherwise attempt to contact me. The only rational explanation is that they are outright lying or tried to deliver it to the wrong address, which is unlikely since they had delivered the shipping box directly to my door the week before. Exemplary service. Bleh.

nippyjun

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I always have packages sent to work because someone is always there to sign for it even if i'm not.

rommel

Banned
Jan 23, 2001
lol....well i live in the middle of freakin no where and i make fedex and ups come out here atleast three times a week...LOL...and out here you really need 4 wheel drive and they aint got none...LOL
payback's a beeech

Celstar

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
So far, I have no problems signing the yellow slip and having them leave the package at the front door. It's kinda sheltered and hidden from passerbys because the stairs curves in a bit.

One solution I can think for you is to have your stuff shipped to your work. I did that for a few packages, but then people at work started to see all the sh*t I was getting so I stopped doing that. :)

If you have neighbors, you can also sign for it and leave a delivery address.... I dont know if that works tho.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
well, i missed my UPS deliveries =(

it's a package of gundam models i ordered from japan ;-)

10:30 in the morning d00d... twice =( i have classes!!!

anyway... I DON'T HAVE A CAR!!! =(

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
Hehe, 50% of the UPS/FedEx threads on here complain that they leave it at the door and the other half complain that they won't. :)

Around where I live there isn't much in the way of crime and it's not a high population area, thus UPS generally will leave everything if they can, which I prefer. I suppose it just depends on the carrier and area, as UPS and FedEx will both leave packages here. All the others pretty much require you be home to accept the 1st delievery attempt which bothers me to no end.

If you wish to have the package left for you all you have to do is sign the note they leave showing your release permission, all the carriers I've dealt with anyway. If you get deliveries quite often, I know at least the UPS guy will get to know your preference. I usually miss the FedEx person, so I don't know if it's pretty much the same driver everyday or not.

Smbu

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2000
UPS does suck. I ordered my PS2 last Tuesday from Playstation.com and it shipped on I think Wednesday, UPS Ground. It finally arrived here in CA from Arkansas on Sunday at about 5am PST. Then they let it sit in at the North Bay Hub in CA until Wednesday, before deciding to send it South to me and I didn't get it until Thursday.

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I work for UPS, and I agree that they suck. Leave a note that says to leave your package with the super. Unless your super doesn't do that kind of thing, but mine did.

slunk

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
My last three orders delivered by UPS were rescheduled. One of them was two-day, and it ended up taking six business days. One before those was delivered to the wrong address.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
It came!!!!! WoooHooooo! I had to have a friend of mine come over all afternoon. They came about 3:50pm. I told them after 4pm. Thank God she was willing to sit around my place all afternoon or I would of missed them by like 10 min.

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
i just spoke with UPS about some packages I've been trying to get since Monday. They said it is their new policy to NOT leave packages in apartments. hmmm...

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
well, put it this way, your NF won't be sitting there for someone to steal.. now THAT would be even worse.. altho, for apartments, can't they leave it at an office or something?

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
UPS told me they would leave it in the rental office if it was ok with them.