Upgrading graphics for BF3 and Diablo 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Yeah ramp up the difficulty and the enemies start to spawn with various modifiers.Various visual animations from u and ur friends and from the enemies slow down the game.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Why are all these people stating BF3 need all this high end gear to run even on med settings when I see all these YT videos with people playing the game online with smooth frame rates and on mediocre hardware.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Yeah ramp up the difficulty and the enemies start to spawn with various modifiers.Various visual animations from u and ur friends and from the enemies slow down the game.
But mostly the majority of the game runs fine and smooth most of the time a completely smooth and playable experience.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Yeah absolutely,but I am saying that getting 100Fps at the beginning is not the end of the story.Ur FPS may drop significantly regarding the scenario.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Yeah absolutely,but I am saying that getting 100Fps at the beginning is not the end of the story.Ur FPS may drop significantly regarding the scenario.
I don't think BF3 really takes all that much GPU horsepower online or off IMHO from what I have been seeing and what friends that play BF3 have told me it that it is a very nice looking and very well optimized engine that runs like butter considering the graphical fidelity.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
Even WoW gets pretty demanding with lots of units on screen at once but then again and this applies to D3 and all Blizzard games it might just be a bit of a CPU hog.