Upgrading from Windows 7 professional to windows 7 ultimate

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Currently the Windows 7 Professional Upgrades is $100 (temporary)
Currently the Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrades is $219.

Q's:

1) is there anyway to get a cheaper price on Windows ultimate?
1a) - such as buying Windows 7 pro and using the anytime upgrade feature?

2) is the $219 upgrade price on ultimate permanent or temporary?

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
(No offense intended but) do you currently have a legit copy of Vista or are you going to try some sort of validation trick to get the upgrade versions do a clean install?

I think newegg is selling Vista Ultimate for $190 w/ Windows 7 download coupon, so that's a way to get a legit Windows 7 Ultimate up and running without any tricks. It's OEM though so try not to validate it too many times...

My guess from 7 Pro to Ultimate would require a clean install, but don't hold me to it.

The $219 upgrade price on 7 Ultimate is retail. Most retailers won't deviate more than $10-15 from it so you aren't likely to see a massive deal anywhere from an accredited source.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Astralite,

thanks for the detailed response; no offense was taken:p

I have a legit Vista Ultimate License (NFR that I got at a conference and am not using), oem vista business license with my laptop which I bought new off of ebay ~3 weeks ago, and am using windows 7 RC on it. I REALLY do not want to give up all the features anytime soon:p

Perhaps I can 'Anytime' to Vista Ultimate from my current Vista Business License and then get the free Bump up to Windows 7 Ultimate? That would cost $139:D