Upgraded to Windows 7 and new PC and now colors are off

viewton

Jun 11, 2001
Hey guys, I upgraded to a new PC with windows 7 awhile back and have been unable to figure out a problem. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it.

Windows 7 RC 64-bit
Onboard ATI Radeon HD 3300
Samsung 204B

The monitor is the only thing that carried over from my previous setup. I can't get Samsung's Magictune color calibration software to work (Vista 64) edition as it tells me I need to reboot everytime I try to start it (rebooted a few times, didn't change the msg).

Under Windows default photo viewer, Nixon ViewNX and other programs, my colors are way off. If I open Photoshop it give me this erro thoughr: "The monitor profile "Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calilbration software. IGNORE PROFILE? -or- USE ANYWAY"

I choose "ignore profile" and the colors of photos I open in Photoshop look normal. Here's a screenshot I took of the same photo opened in different programs, left is Photoshop, right is ViewNX:

http://home.comcast.net/~keithandtanya/difference.gif

Can someone possibly point me in the right direction to fix this? TIA! :thumbsup:

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Not sure about Win7, but in Vista you would go to Control Panel, search for Color Management, click on that, go to Advanced, and select default profiles for different devices.

ASK THE COMMUNITY