Upgrade HSF on Visiontek Xtacy Ti4400

KouklatheCat

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
I would like suggestions on what to upgrade the stock HSF on my Visiontek Xtacy GeForce 4 Ti4400 to.

Thanks

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I want to upgrade the HSF on mine too (too loud for my tastes) but I'm unsure what do upgrade to. I was thinking maybe this one (29db...won't hear it above other stuff in my case) but I can't find it for sale ANYWHERE.

Plester

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
low profile copper fan/hs for rackmounts are the best bang for the buck. what you need to do is drill them and mount them using the holes around the gpu, you will need to find the right screws. (i scavange dead cdrom drives - they are loaded with little self tapping and machine screws.)

bwass24

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2002
I've been waiting for the TT gF4 cooler as well. I've read a couple of reviews that are very positive about its capability.

The only problem I see with this cololer though, is that it comes with a 3 pin fan and the header on the gF4 boards is a 2 pin header. I'm not sure if the fan header can supply the 280ma that the fan needs, and connecting it to a PSU connector would make for untidy cabeling.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Where are the reviews? And I wonder when the damn cooling sites will carry it

KouklatheCat

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
kami,

I just saw that one last night. I spent several hours looking for somewhere that sells it. I saw this mod that looks pretty cool but I couldn't find that HSF.

Whats up with that.....LOL

P.S. your LOTR covers rock

KouklatheCat

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
I think this HSF fan fits all the Gf4 cards since they are all based on the reference design. Although the Leadtek has a pretty good looking HSF.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Anyone know how much better this cools than the PNY hs/f? I am kind of reluctant to do it because then my lifetime warranty goes right out the window.