UPDATES failed gpu bios flash

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
I have an old PC and i wanted to try something new, to flash my GPU. I read some forums about it, and everything seen to be ok. After 1 day, i tried it, it worked everythink well, but when i try to restart it, it won't start. By unpluging the GPU, running iGPU it will boot up, and if i put GPU back, it won't. Mobo is single-bios, HP 0a64h ( old one ) and gpu is SAPPHIRE AMD RADEON HD 6670 1GDDR5.
Can i fix it somehow ? I still have a backup file of bios, but i can't flash back whit iGPU cuz GPU-Z show only the iGPU bios section .... by putting another AMD GPU and flashing that to this version, or simply putting it and then putting mine back will solve the problem ?

and, another question, is I can't repair it, what is broken ? mobo, gpu, or i can use all 2, but not in one ( ex. mobo whit another gpu, and the gpu whit another mobo )

UPDATE: As you can see, if I put my GPU in, the PC won't boot, but everythink is working ( cooler etc.) .. if I want my pc to boot, I need to remove the CMOS battery, wait a little bit and then boot (after 0.30-1 min of no-boot black screen)

ps: this will be last thread :/ first was closed, second unseen ...

Azix

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2014
atiflash should be able to run even if the GPU is dead. You could go through the process of flashing with the GPU not connected so you know what to do when you have no video on screen. Then put the GPU in and do it blind.

btw you may have killed the GPU. what was the bios doing? oc? overvolt?

mihalyk2000

Oct 27, 2016
atiflash should be able to run even if the GPU is dead. You could go through the process of flashing with the GPU not connected so you know what to do when you have no video on screen. Then put the GPU in and do it blind.

btw you may have killed the GPU. what was the bios doing? oc? overvolt?

i don't believe that the pc is working but the GPU doesn't give signal, cuz even if I put GPU in, but screen in igpu, the pc will not start .... and if I try to flash the pci-e whitout gpu in, it say that not gpu detected .... i'l buy new motherboard, and put my gpu in if it's not bricked, and i'l put another gpu in this mobo, and donate it ...