*updated*, REMAINS found in Oregon man's backyard!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Ok, I'm about to go crazy here.:Q This has been on the TV all day, and it's starting to get tiring. I realize this is important, but can't they just go about showing things as normal, and just interupt shows as needed for press conferences, and save the "insight" and "heart wrenchers" for the 5 o'clock news? Not a real annoucement has been made since 11am today, is it possible they could put a cork in it until the next one?

<-- Tired of sensationalism

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Wife says the first remains have been confirmed belonging to Miranda Gaddis.

Second remains have been found today, there were 3 barrels underneath the concrete slad he supposedly poured for a hottub/jaccuzi (although the dimensions were too small, what kind of a dumb fsck is he?), the first barrel had human remains the other 2 had dirt.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Chadder007
*Update with link* Girl has been ID's from first set of remains....it is one of the girls!!
First remains ID'd

And you're surprised?? The guy's been on the to-watch-list for five months. One of the girls accused him of molesting her when they went on a trip to California together.

nik

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Weaver said Ashley was a friend of his daughter who frequently stayed overnight at their house. He said she had even lived at the home for several months last year while her own father was in jail on charges of abusing her.

Damn.:Q The plot thickens.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
Damn. The plot thickens.

You aren't kidding, this is a long, complicated case. There are a lot of things that pertain to it, that the national, or even Oregon Media, hasn't covered.

I am not saying the girls did anything wrong, but thier parents sure made some bad choices. I think its really sad that it led to this.

There are forums on the internet where people involved in the case have a lot of information, including

These which used to be endorsed by the family, until now, I guess the families are suing the owner, and These forums where we are pretty involved.

If you are from Oregon, and you are near Oregon city, let me know. I have a feeling Ward Weaver bargained with prosecutors, and confessed, and/or gave them info to avoid the death penalty. I could be totally wrong, but if this is the case, I am going to organize a rally to protest it, on the steps of the courthouse, and anywhere my voice can be heard.

He needs to fry.

If you are interested, PM me, or post at messedup.net. We'll need a lot of help here.

res1bhmg

Banned
Jul 25, 2002
[sarcasm]Another crack investigative job by our ever-resourceful FBI.[/sarcasm]

After the first girl disappeared, it would've made sense to make Ward Weaver a prime suspect. Not only is his house on the path to the school bus stop, but his father is currently on death row in California for killing two people (and burying one in his back yard). Futhermore, the first missing girl (Pond) cried sexual abuse against Weaver (but the charges were later dropped). It wasn't until both girls were kidnapped, he raped another woman, and then he NAMED HIMSELF a prime suspect in the missing girls case did the FBI finally find the girls.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Crap...the Oregon police will probably botch this investigation up and he will end up free or something. Then again maybe it was the son?
well, it only took them 6 months to search the house to find the bodies... then they allow people to enter the crime scene. They make the LAPD look like crackerjack investigators. Still, i don't think he'll be able to get off when bodies are found in his yard.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
Yeah. I really like how Beth Anne Steele told the crowd with a straight face that the FBI knew about Weaver, and it took the FBI seven months to get a warrant.

I feel sorry for anyone who believes that.

ViRGE

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: res1bhmg
[sarcasm]Another crack investigative job by our ever-resourceful FBI.[/sarcasm]

...but his father is currently on death row in California for killing two people (and burying one in his back yard).
Ever heard of "sins of the father"? People shouldn't be held/made suspect because of what their father/family has done. I for one wouldn't want to be on some DA's list just because my father may have murdered someone.:eek:

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
Ever heard of "sins of the father"? People shouldn't be held/made suspect because of what their father/family has done. I for one wouldn't want to be on some DA's list just because my father may have murdered someone.

Yeah, but you have to expect people are going to make that connection when his father kills two people and buries them under a cement slab.. its pretty eerie. Doesn't mean a solid conviction, but something worth noting.

I guarantee the FBI will be secretly watching Francis (Ward's son) for life.