Updated: Formula 1 all seasons thread!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, it's either that, or they try to buy Honda out of their own operation - which is unlikely.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Don't know which one specifically. It was mentioned in a YouTube video here:

According to AW, "According to the rules Renault is next in line to supply Honda customers Red Bull and AlphaTauri with engines because Renault has the fewest customers at the moment, unless, of course, one of those teams does a deal with Mercedes or Ferrari for engines."

Thank for the vid linky Ajay. :beercheers:

Bottas beats Hamilton to Eifel GP pole as Hulkenberg makes surprise qualifying return.

P1. Bottas
P2. Hamilton (down 2 tenths! :openmouth: )
P3. Verstappen
P4. LeClerc o_O

Should be an interesting start in the AM I must say!

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Hamilton's 91st career win equaling Schumacher! :beercheers:

P2. Verstappen.
P3. Ricciardo! :openmouth:

I can't wait to see Cyril's tattoo! :D

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Man, a lot of mechanical today. If Bottas didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have much luck at all.
I'll save my congrats to Hamilton for 92. Wish we saw H hunting down Bottas - it was all off screen (at least for me).
Still can't believe Renault only signed Ricciardo up for one year given all the money they paid to get him.

Before the last safety car, everyone not name Hamilton or Verstappen were 60 seconds behind! How sad for F1.

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Stroll reveals he tested positive for Covid-19 after Eifel GP

Racing Point’s Lance Stroll has revealed that he tested positive for Covid-19 following the Eifel Grand Prix.

I wonder how many people were put at risk considering that this has only come out now? o_O

Wasn't it even prior to the Eifel Grand Prix, on Sunday morning?
Lawrence Stroll was also, apparently independently infected?
And they shipped the Hulk to Portugal, just in case....

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Wasn't it even prior to the Eifel Grand Prix, on Sunday morning?
Lawrence Stroll was also, apparently independently infected?
And they shipped the Hulk to Portugal, just in case....

Apparently he felt ill and his doctor didn't think it was Covid-19, just the flu, if you believe that. :confused_old: I also read that his father tested positive.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Hamilton takes his 97th career pole position! :beercheers:

P2. Bottas
P3. Verstappen

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Geez, Bottas was faster for the past two days. Hamilton is such a clutch driver. There's some pretty amazing talent that goes into pulling off drives like that under immense pressure.

I wish Leclerc and Verstappen had better cars - they both seem to have so much talent that it's tough not seeing a stronger championship competition from these guys.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
And that is Lewis Hamilton's world record breaking 92nd win! :beercheers:

P2. Bottas
P3. Verstappen

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Oh man, the first two laps gave me hope - then it was smashed, destroyed, ravaged.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Another 1-2 Mercedes front row lockout! :beercheers:

P1. Bottas
P2. Hamilton
P3. Verstappen

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Hamilton's 93rd F1 career victory, a Mercedes one-two finish and they clinch a record breaking seventh-straight constructors' title! What an amazing accomplishment! :beercheers:

P1. Hamilton
P2. Bottas
P3. Ricciardo :openmouth:

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
And wow, what a travesty Seb Vettel's race turned into.
Not only does he pit right before the safety car, but also for 13 seconds, and onto the wrong tire compound.

On the other hand: Lewis Hamilton gets gifted a VSC just as he is the only car near pit entry.

Albon should look into getting a drive at Haas - that RB seat looks quite remote now.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Albon should look into getting a drive at Haas - that RB seat looks quite remote now.
Yeah, RB needs someone who can do top 5 consistently so there are some strategy options with Max.
RB16 is tough to drive at the limit, so not something many can handle.
Still a bit gutted over the Honda decision - especially with Ferrari and Renault pulling the brake lever on an engine freeze.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Hamilton's 94th career win & his 7th F1 World Title! Simply beyond belief! :beercheers:

P1. Hamilton
P2. Perez
P3. Vettel :openmouth:

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Now that was a race to remember. I wonder where Lance's wing got clipped, he lost so much pace...

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Turkish GP qualifying:

P1. Stroll
P2. Verstappen
P3. Perez

o_O

It was interesting to watch that race unfold and slip away from Stroll and come to Hamilton. The calls at the end of the race when Hamilton was on VERY worn intermediates was interesting too. Congrats to Lewis Hamilton for his 7th WDC. He just continues to impress. Hope he gets an 8th.