Updated 9/20: Bing cashback

Page 85 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lucifer Lost

Jan 4, 2005
It was 8% when the "doubling" started, but that was in reference to certain stores, not Ebay. On Ebay it's been hovering between 10 and 14... with 15 being the highest so far (so that's nearly doubled.)

deepinya

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
Just bought a Double-Bevel Compound Miter Saw with that 15%. Saved $138 compared to Lowes (tax incl.)

thanks!!

AnimEva

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Here are the steps for setting up a successful ebay transaction while double dipping the cashbacks

INSTRUCTIONS
1 - Click on BING SEARCH
2 - Select the banner on top where it shows the ad for Ebay
3 - Make sure when the Ebay window opens that you see the Cash Back on the top of the page
4 - Go to MrRebates.com
--> Sign up to MrRebates.com and also get $5 on your first order
5 - Once you signed up and logged into your MrRebates.com account, search for Ebay. Notice it will state its 3% Cash Back and click on it
6 - On the Ebay page, make sure the Microsoft Cashback is still on the top of the page
7 - Search the Item you want to purchase on Ebay. NOTE: The Item must have a BUY IT NOW option
8 - When you check out, make sure you still see the Microsoft Cashback and it will state how much you will get back.

You are done. Within 2-3 days, your MrRebates cashback will also appear.

bmwme

May 10, 2001
What is the limit on how many times we can use CB? I now get a messages saying I've used my allotment and can't get any more CB. F'ers!

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Your update says Ebay 8% is gone but I just tried it and it worked. I searched "cameras."

You know what, you are right -- I forgot that I added Adblock and that hides the results! Thanks!

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Updated 11/26
http://www.bing.com/community/blogs...ark-your-calendars-a-gold-rush-is-coming.aspx

Bing Gold Rush Many people really like Microsoft's Bing cashback program, and with good reason: After buying stuff you were going to buy anyway, you get money back. Three percent here, 10 percent there--it adds up. Starting Black Friday, retailers like AT&T, eBay, Gap, Sears, and Walmart will be raising their cashback rates as high as 35 percent. Microsoft didn't give me any specific details, but if you're planning to shop online, Bing is probably a smart place to start.

scaper

Dec 5, 2006
Just received an email which starts as follows:

Dear valued cashback customer:
We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.